How to multiseat these days?

Stooovie
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Hi, I've got a Ryzen 3900x with 32 GB RAM and a single RX 580 GPU that's enough for my gaming. 

Given the number of threads (24), I'd like to be able to use this by two users simultaneously. Say, one user for Adobe work (CPU heavy, light on GPU) and user two for gaming (GPU heavy, CPU light). I've got two monitors and two sets of mice and keyboard already (one set for couch gaming, one for desktop work). 

How do I set this up on Windows 10? Preferably not going the VFIO route. Is it even possible?

1 minute ago, Stooovie said:

How do I set this up on Windows 10? Preferably not going the VFIO route. Is it even possible?

you MUST use 2 seperate OS's, with their own seperate GPU (you cannot devide a single card) and you MUST use VFIO for this. 

She/Her

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 5/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, Ashley xD said:

you MUST use 2 seperate OS's, with their own seperate GPU (you cannot devide a single card) and you MUST use VFIO for this. 

You SHOULD check it for sure before you write "MUST". :)

Aster from ibik.ru actually works exactly how I want it to 😮 I'm really astonished 

19 hours ago, homeap5 said:

You SHOULD check it for sure before you write "MUST". :)

i've done it in the past and when i did it was the only way. if that's changed, cool, but then don't jsut make a stupid comment, actually correct me with a source. 

She/Her

2 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

i've done it in the past and when i did it was the only way. if that's changed, cool, but then don't jsut make a stupid comment, actually correct me with a source. 

I don't want to correct you about Aster. Kilrah done it first.

You want me to correct you with source, then ok - this is source: https://outofthefog.website/top-100-trait-blog/2015/10/21/always-never-statements

It's not about "MUST", but it's basically the same.

And why people are so fast to answering if they have no idea about the answer and don't want to check facts? Is it kind of "first!"?

This really isn't personal. I just saw that many times people gets fast, but bad answers on this forum. Then even if someone have correct answer, it's usually too late, because OP gets his "answer" and don't read posts after.

• 2 months later...

Is there any news on this topic? How well does it work with an AMD setup,etc? Any problem with aster or everything is smooth sailing?

I have more or less the same setup and requirement. Is there any other solutions to keep a dynamic attribution of hardware resources and leave the possibility to bring everything back on one session?