Motherboard Debug LED

TheKurtzman

I’m currently facing a new problem with my build and have spent hours on it but couldn’t figure it out.

Motherboard : MSI A320 Gaming Pro

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600

CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 411r

GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Twin Fan OC

Ram : GEIL 8GB DDR4 

PSU : Cooler Master 550w

The motherboard and ram was given to me by my friend which he seldom use. This was supposed to be a budget build to let me play some light games. But now I’m currently facing a problem where my Debug LED is on for my VGA and BOOT. I couldn’t event get to the BIOS when it turns on the fans is running but the display is just black. Is it because of the bios? Because my friend told me he didn’t update the bios before and previously he used an Ryzen 5 1600. Which the firmware is different than the Ryzen 5 2600. Anyone has this problem too or have any suggestions?

Just now, TheKurtzman said:

I’m currently facing a new problem with my build and have spent hours on it but couldn’t figure it out.

Motherboard : MSI A320 Gaming Pro

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600

CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 411r

GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Twin Fan OC

Ram : GEIL 8GB DDR4 

PSU : Cooler Master 550w

The motherboard and ram was given to me by my friend which he seldom use. This was supposed to be a budget build to let me play some light games. But now I’m currently facing a problem where my Debug LED is on for my VGA and BOOT. I couldn’t event get to the BIOS when it turns on the fans is running but the display is just black. Is it because of the bios? Because my friend told me he didn’t update the bios before and previously he used an Ryzen 5 1600. Which the firmware is different than the Ryzen 5 2600. Anyone has this problem too or have any suggestions?

You probably just need a BIOS update-- if he bought the board at release it would have a BIOS that only supports the 1000 series. You probably need a matching CPU to flash it-- can you borrow his 1600 for that?

Yeah I was trying to do that just wanted to confirm if it’s really the bios thanks for the feedback appreciate it

On 5/18/2020 at 9:15 PM, Grabhanem said:

You probably just need a BIOS update-- if he bought the board at release it would have a BIOS that only supports the 1000 series. You probably need a matching CPU to flash it-- can you borrow his 1600 for that?

Update: I noticed my speaker was not plug in so after I plugged in I switch on my pc and this time both vga and boot debug light is on and it make a 1 long beep sound then nothing. I also haven’t received my friend CPU yet. What does the 1 long beep says?