I need an XMG laptop shipped to India, but there is no option

I was wondering how Linus got his XMG Apex 15 delivered to him as I was planning to buy an XMG Ultra 17 and wanted it shipped here to India. Now they don't have any options to ship outside of the EU, and I was fine with it being shipped to the US too as I could receive it from there when my uncle visits me. So I was wondering how Linus got it to his office, some contacts maybe?

Thanks for the help!

Did you contact the seller about shipping to India? Usually that should not be a problem. Just a matter of logistics.

4 hours ago, Skaytacium said:

I was wondering how Linus got his XMG Apex 15 delivered to him as I was planning to buy an XMG Ultra 17 and wanted it shipped here to India. Now they don't have any options to ship outside of the EU, and I was fine with it being shipped to the US too as I could receive it from there when my uncle visits me. So I was wondering how Linus got it to his office, some contacts maybe?

Thanks for the help!

that's a clevo nh57

Spoiler

On 5/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, Applefreak said:

Did you contact the seller about shipping to India? Usually that should not be a problem. Just a matter of logistics.

Yes I did. They said that they only ship within the EU, maybe try a different seller? But I don't think XMG sells anywhere else. They even use UPS & DHL, I wonder why they can't ship to either place, especially the US.

20 hours ago, sicily428 said:

that's a clevo nh57

I need the XMG Ultra 17, I know Clevo is the manufacturer but I think that's a different model.

Also, the Clevo model is somewhat inferior (144 hz display instead of 240) compared to the ultra 17.

Thanks,

Sid

Edited by Skaytacium
Forgot to add something

I am not sure what the configuration will be on your Ultra 17 but assuming it's 4200 EUR in Germany then shipping with DHL to the continental US will be about 300 USD plus another 400 or so USD for import taxes. If none of the Schenker-XMG resellers are offering to ship to the US, you need a contact in Germany who will receive the package for you. You can create a DHL shipping form online and send it to that person, meaning you will handle all the charges. He or She would then print that thing out, put it on the package and take it to a local post office. Same would probably work for India too, I would assume.

15 hours ago, Skaytacium said:

I need the XMG Ultra 17, I know Clevo is the manufacturer but I think that's a different model.

Also, the Clevo model is somewhat inferior (144 hz display instead of 240) compared to the ultra 17.

Thanks,

Sid

That's a P775. Check for Azom

https://azom.io/legion

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Applefreak said:

I am not sure what the configuration will be on your Ultra 17 but assuming it's 4200 EUR in Germany then shipping with DHL to the continental US will be about 300 USD plus another 400 or so USD for import taxes. If none of the Schenker-XMG resellers are offering to ship to the US, you need a contact in Germany who will receive the package for you. You can create a DHL shipping form online and send it to that person, meaning you will handle all the charges. He or She would then print that thing out, put it on the package and take it to a local post office. Same would probably work for India too, I would assume.

Ah yes I had this idea. The lappy is around 3500 EUR and the maximum I can spead total is 3800 EUR. I was thinking if I could ask the shipping guys to deliver it to a post office, from where DHL/UPS could bring it to the US/India.
Do you think thats possible?

Also I was wondering any guesses on how Linus got it? I was thinking he has contacts in germany.

1 hour ago, sicily428 said:

That's a P775. Check for Azom

https://azom.io/legion

Main reason I'm getting XMG is because the display is 240hz. Also it has a 10th gen i9, so 4 extra threads and 5.3 GHz. But that is a good option. Much better than alienware anyway.

Yes but I doubt you can have it delivered for that amount of money, not when calculating with the import taxes you will have to pay. Importing and exporting goods between the US and the EU is not that difficult and is kind of depending on if the seller is willing to contract a shipping company directly with that task. I am regularly buying car parts from the US without any hiccups thus far. Just have to pay some taxes and shipping fees and that's it.

Honestly, you are still buying a laptop that will thermal throttle much earlier than a pc, also you are paying extra for something that is fairly impractical to move around. I would look for something locally and 240 Hz won't matter in triple A titles because you won't reach that frame rate anyways (unless you are reducing image quality).

My best guess, given the price you have mentioned, would be that the laptop with shipping and import taxes to the US will be around 4600 USD delivered (exchange rate EUR to USD, 1 EUR = 1.08 USD).

That's actually a long story by itself and how I wanted to get an SFF PC but the case had shipping problems and all that crap. So I got a deal on buying literally any laptop I want and if I could like ship this somehow...

13 hours ago, Skaytacium said:

Main reason I'm getting XMG is because the display is 240hz. Also it has a 10th gen i9, so 4 extra threads and 5.3 GHz. But that is a good option. Much better than alienware anyway.

maybe you are talking about the X170, check with Azom because that's a new model and they could also offer that one with a good panel.

ps Azom is a Prema partner, so a very good Bios

Spoiler

Hmm, this model is being released in June-ish or so i think, so i think i'll wait until that time, because for now i dont think its available and its just rumours, anyway, this post should be dead for quite a while

Update and I might start a new post for this,

I found the origin EON17-X and its quite similar to the XMG Ultra 17, in fact it might even be better.

Its 150$ more expensive and has free shipping around the US, and as they are a more famous brand (I think) their stuff should be good.

Only problem is that they have a 1 year warranty but I don't expect it to break anytime soon.

The extra money can be justified as they give you a copy of windows which XMG doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...