Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPU Severely Under performing

So, I didn't think much of it for quite a while, and didn't notice much to be completely honest. 

But lately, I've noticed my gpu, an RTX 2060 6gb (Ventus xs oc) has been severely under performing in all of my games.

For example, in COD: Warzone, most benchmarks show the rtx 2060 hitting an easy 130 or 140 on ultra, but usually staying at an average of 95-110/120. But with my gpu, I'm usually sitting at 90 or below, and can barely touch 115. It even ends up sitting at around 60, and no, v-sync is not enabled.

I also get about 45-60 fps on full graphics in gta 5.

I finally started to notice, and then tested in on Unigine's Heaven benchmark. Where I got an average of less than 70 fps (can't remember), and a score of 1723, when most 2060s have a score of 2200 and up.

I haven't really fiddled with anything on my computer, except when I turned my RAM's clockspeed up to what it's supposed to be (3000mhz)

 

My specs are:

Ryzen 7 3700x

RTX 2060 6GB Ventus XS OC

16GB(2x8) 3000mhz trident z RAM

Asus Prime X470 PRO mobo

240gb ssd

2tb hdd

 

I genuinely have no idea what the problem is, and this has been a big concern of mine for a bit, and it's kinda ruining my quarantine.. 

If you can help in any way, I'd appreciate the comment! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure you're not comparing to the 2060 Super?

 

Also, update your BIOS, chipset drivers and DDU the GPU drivers. Make sure you aren't on a power saving setting anywhere and get rid of bloatware such as GeForce Experience. Also track thermals with HWiNFO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the issue is but, when I run this game called 'clone hero' on my previous laptop I can get around 500fps, that laptop only had intel uhd 620 graphics. My new one has vega 8 integrated and a gtx 1650, however when I switch between the two cards to run clone hero, the fps is the same, if I disable my integrated to force everything to run on my 1650 clone hero gets like 3 fps in the menu, on just integrated I get around 400fps, both enabled I get around 300fps. So I want to know why my dedicated graphics card seems to be regressing the performance, also in userbenchmark if I have both enabled I get like 100fps on one of the 3d benchmarks, when I just enable integrated I get 2/3, if I just enable my 1650 it says unable to locate attached display. Why is this laptop performing worse than my prev. Also someone on discord told me to try and change my resolution on nvidia control panel and I don't have that option, and it says in system information that the screen resolution for the gtx 1650 is not available

Ryzen 5 3550H with radeon vega 8 graphics

gtx 1650 4GB

8GB RAM 32 max installable

256GB SSD

120hz screen

 

My graphics drivers are up-to-date I uninstalled the experience, my BIOS is dec 2019 so i'm pretty sure that is up-to-date

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Are you sure you're not comparing to the 2060 Super?

 

Also, update your BIOS, chipset drivers and DDU the GPU drivers. Make sure you aren't on a power saving setting anywhere and get rid of bloatware such as GeForce Experience. Also track thermals with HWiNFO

My BIOS, chipset drivers, and gpu drivers are all up to date, I have GeForce experience, but it's disabled for ingame overlay. I can't find a solution. Thanks for your feedback though :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also in gzdoom when running the different graphics I get the same fps 220, using stats from msi afterburner and rivatuner statistics. If I run just the integrated and disable my 1650 then I get around 190. If I disable my integrated and only have my gtx 1650 enabled I cannot actually load up the game to test the fps. BTW when I have the stats on gpu usage my integrated says 65536% and the number seems to equal 2^16 if that helps in anyway in terms of helping

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, llamacarrots said:

So, I didn't think much of it for quite a while, and didn't notice much to be completely honest. 

But lately, I've noticed my gpu, an RTX 2060 6gb (Ventus xs oc) has been severely under performing in all of my games.

For example, in COD: Warzone, most benchmarks show the rtx 2060 hitting an easy 130 or 140 on ultra, but usually staying at an average of 95-110/120. But with my gpu, I'm usually sitting at 90 or below, and can barely touch 115. It even ends up sitting at around 60, and no, v-sync is not enabled.

I also get about 45-60 fps on full graphics in gta 5.

I finally started to notice, and then tested in on Unigine's Heaven benchmark. Where I got an average of less than 70 fps (can't remember), and a score of 1723, when most 2060s have a score of 2200 and up.

I haven't really fiddled with anything on my computer, except when I turned my RAM's clockspeed up to what it's supposed to be (3000mhz)

 

My specs are:

Ryzen 7 3700x

RTX 2060 6GB Ventus XS OC

16GB(2x8) 3000mhz trident z RAM

Asus Prime X470 PRO mobo

240gb ssd

2tb hdd

 

I genuinely have no idea what the problem is, and this has been a big concern of mine for a bit, and it's kinda ruining my quarantine.. 

If you can help in any way, I'd appreciate the comment! :)

try to monitor temps and overclock. your gta 5 fps is normal but your unigine score is pretty low.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

 

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

 

Tier lists for building a PC.

 

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

 

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

 

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

 

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

 

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

 

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Threads Merged -

Do not repost the same question multiple times.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

try to monitor temps and overclock. your gta 5 fps is normal but your unigine score is pretty low.

I can try and overclock, but at base clock speeds, the unigine scores should be higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2020 at 3:48 AM, llamacarrots said:

So, I didn't think much of it for quite a while, and didn't notice much to be completely honest. 

But lately, I've noticed my gpu, an RTX 2060 6gb (Ventus xs oc) has been severely under performing in all of my games.

For example, in COD: Warzone, most benchmarks show the rtx 2060 hitting an easy 130 or 140 on ultra, but usually staying at an average of 95-110/120. But with my gpu, I'm usually sitting at 90 or below, and can barely touch 115. It even ends up sitting at around 60, and no, v-sync is not enabled.

I also get about 45-60 fps on full graphics in gta 5.

I finally started to notice, and then tested in on Unigine's Heaven benchmark. Where I got an average of less than 70 fps (can't remember), and a score of 1723, when most 2060s have a score of 2200 and up.

I haven't really fiddled with anything on my computer, except when I turned my RAM's clockspeed up to what it's supposed to be (3000mhz)

 

My specs are:

Ryzen 7 3700x

RTX 2060 6GB Ventus XS OC

16GB(2x8) 3000mhz trident z RAM

Asus Prime X470 PRO mobo

240gb ssd

2tb hdd

 

I genuinely have no idea what the problem is, and this has been a big concern of mine for a bit, and it's kinda ruining my quarantine.. 

If you can help in any way, I'd appreciate the comment! :)

at what resolution do you game on? 1920*1080 (1080p) or 2560*1440 (1440p)?  

 

Do you have a single monitor or multimonitor setup? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2020 at 3:26 AM, papajo said:

at what resolution do you game on? 1920*1080 (1080p) or 2560*1440 (1440p)?  

 

Do you have a single monitor or multimonitor setup? 

I play on 1080p, and I have two monitors, but I only play on one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×