Windows update gave me BSOD

TryArch
Go to solution Solved by Fred Castellum,

Don't try to fix anything that ain't broke! Do a roll-back if you can't fix it. 

Usually don't do windows update unless I have too. I don't see the point most of the time.

i shut down my computer and it did a windows update and then when i turned my pc on later it had BSOD so i went to safe mode and fixed everything but i was wondering if i should turn windows update off because im not the only one that has had this problem, one of my friends computers did it too :/

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

Usually don't do windows update unless I have too. I don't see the point most of the time.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

yeah i will disable them :) thanks for the advice man

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

Yea windows updates usually don't play any roll other than being a pain in the ass.

To patch security vulnerabilities...

yeah i will disable them :) thanks for the advice man

Probably not a good idea

Yea windows updates usually don't play any roll other than being a pain in the ass.

If windows updates didn't play an important role than the end of XP support wouldn't be a big deal, but it is because security updates are important.

Probably not a good idea

If windows updates didn't play an important role than the end of XP support wouldn't be a big deal, but it is because security updates are important.

but it gave me BSOD

Probably not a good idea

Depends on what you do on your PC really, I never have any malicious stuff infect my PC. 

I've seen far too many PCs come into the repair store I use to work at because of simple windows updates that screw up everything. Its more painful than just a simple virus.(Not saying you should get a virus instead of updating windows) 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Windows will automatically choose recommended updates, and all you should do is go to check for updates... and then hit install because windows chooses the optimal ones automatically.  You should be able to go to the control panel, uninstall a program and then click show updates, and you can manually remove updates.  Which are listed from the most recent to the oldest.  I would still advise installing windows updates but only the ones that windows says you should install.  Windows will automatically alert you of serious updates that are absolutely critical, so as long as you get those your fine :).  

but it gave me BSOD

Rollback and try installing the updates again.

Depends on what you do on your PC really, I never have any malicious stuff infect my PC. 

I've seen far too many PCs come into the repair store I use to work at because of simple windows updates that screw up everything. Its more painful than just a simple virus.(Not saying you should get a virus instead of updating windows) 

I have never personally come across a computer that had a BSOD that was caused by a windows update. Maybe I am just lucky.

Rollback and try installing the updates again.

I have never personally come across a computer that had a BSOD that was caused by a windows update. Maybe I am just lucky.

I've seen so many with software conflicts or some sorta software incompatibility with the windows updates its ridic.... We usually have to find out what program is making the update screw up the whole computer... then remove and try to reinstall after the update. 

I've seen so many with software conflicts or some sorta software incompatibility with the windows updates its ridic.... We usually have to find out what program is making the update screw up the whole computer... then remove and try to reinstall after the update. 

Sounds like an enjoyable experience. :/

bf4 is the only game i know that needs windows update to not stutter... although it's still stuttering, but i see a point to install windows update. funny thing is i never BSOD with any windows update.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.