Gaming and streaming with e5 2630 v3

So one of my friend have one or more spare cpu e5 2630 v3 and also have plenty for ddr4 ecc ram.  The only thing I would need to buy is a motherboard which I intend to get on ali express.  I would get one with x99 chipset with ddr4 support which would cost around 110$ ad for one supporting 1 cpu and around 160$ cad if I want 2 cpu.  I currently have an I7 4770 (turbo boost at 3,9)  which is clocked higher than the 2630 (max turbo of 3,2) but the I7 have half the core count of the e5.  I do some streaming and I think I could benefit from more core but I was wondering if it would be good for gaming and streaming or if lower performance is to be expected due to the lower clockspeed.   I know ryzen would be a better option but I don't intend to upgrade with serious money for the next two years so it's either that or keep my i7 4770.  If I get the motherboard, my 4770 will go to my gf to replace her i7 2600. 

thanx for the input

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

It should be fine, obviously not quite as good as a higher clocked chip from that generation.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Like if you have a decent motherboard right now, I wouldn't do it. I personally haven't had a good experience with those and there IO is sometimes kinda bad, I would still save up though, since you can easily get a 2600 for around 130-150 and your current CPU ios exactly terrible

My life

7 hours ago, Himommies said:

Like if you have a decent motherboard right now, I wouldn't do it. I personally haven't had a good experience with those and there IO is sometimes kinda bad, I would still save up though, since you can easily get a 2600 for around 130-150 and your current CPU ios exactly terrible

My complete current setup is in my signature.  Motherboard is z97-a usb 3 ... sadly I can't oc with my cpu and I don't feel like spending money to get the K version would be that good of an investment.

Ryxen 2600 here is 250+ and you have to add the price of the motherboard and the ram so it's a no go for sure cause if I have to spend that kind of money I'll just buy the 3600 or better.  It's either spend 110$ for the x99 chinese motherboard or spend nothing and tolerate my current setup. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD