Best AIO

So, I`m about to buy a 3900X, my old i5 3570k is dying, and I`m looking for a silent setup. First time with AIO, looking for the best performance/price. I was thinking about the corsair 115i pro xt, but the Kraken X62 seems to have better performance. Is the 150I pro or the kraken X73 worth it?

1 minute ago, JP8296 said:

So, I`m about to buy a 3900X, my old i5 3570k is dying, and I`m looking for a silent setup. First time with AIO, looking for the best performance/price. I was thinking about the corsair 115i pro xt, but the Kraken X62 seems to have better performance. Is the 150I pro or the kraken X73 worth it?

If you want silence get like a noctua nhd15 or if you want more of a budget a sytche ninja 5. Both will perform the same as the unit's listed

Just now, jaslion said:

If you want silence get like a noctua nhd15 or if you want more of a budget a sytche ninja 5. Both will perform the same as the unit's listed

I will be using a NZXT 710I and 32g of ram and I don`t know if I cant gent the NH D15 in there, also I always had big coolers in my rigs, so I was looking for something different this time.

I would NOT put a 3900x under anything smaller than a 360 aio. Go with a Corsair H150i Pro as it's a 360mm rad and from a company known for having amazing aio's.

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I would NOT put a 3900x under anything smaller than a 360 aio. Go with a Corsair H150i Pro as it's a 360mm rad and from a company known for having amazing aio's.

Why exactly? When running Adobe renders in an ITX PC with the Corsair H80i V2, I did not run into any major thermal problems.

These stress tests included timeline scrubbing and export of 4k video, not very lightweight stuff.

Yeah sure PBO will take the CPU further on a huge radiator but it's nowhere near required.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

The stock cooler can keep the 3900x pretty decently cooled and close to max speed so a 360 rad is seriously overkill.

I like the h115i rgb pro xt and my peripherals are from corsair, so it would be cool the be able tu manage everything from just one app but that is not mandatory. I did read the the stock fans from the h115i rgb pro xt are bad and that make me look into the kraken x62 (better performance but CAM is also bad), so the ideal would be the h115i rgb pro xt with very good fans? If yes, wicht ones? 

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Why exactly? When running Adobe renders in an ITX PC with the Corsair H80i V2, I did not run into any major thermal problems.

These stress tests included timeline scrubbing and export of 4k video, not very lightweight stuff.

Yeah sure PBO will take the CPU further on a huge radiator but it's nowhere near required.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

The stock cooler can keep the 3900x pretty decently cooled and close to max speed so a 360 rad is seriously overkill.

I was always under the impression those cpu's ran hot. Guess I'm wrong.

18 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I was always under the impression those cpu's ran hot. Guess I'm wrong.

I did read the same about the 3900X, that's why I asking for help

4 hours ago, JP8296 said:

If you must get a AIO, then consider the Arctic Freezer II 360mm.

The Arctic Freezer II series seems to be beating all other current AIO's handily, and is priced competitively aswell.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

9 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

If you must get a AIO, then consider the Arctic Freezer II 360mm.

The Arctic Freezer II series seems to be beating all other current AIO's handily, and is priced competitively aswell.

Can-t find the II 360mm near me(Portugal/Spain), just the 240 or the Arctic Freezer 360. 

Is safe to use liquid metal with this AIO (Corsair, Nzxt,...etc?)

23 minutes ago, JP8296 said:

Can-t find the II 360mm near me(Portugal/Spain), just the 240 or the Arctic Freezer 360. 

Is safe to use liquid metal with this AIO (Corsair, Nzxt,...etc?)

Yes but generally speaking its not worth it. LM is best used to replace the TIM between Die and IHS.

The problem with using it between IHS and coldplate is that most coldplates are bare copper and LM alloys with the copper over time. Effectively 'drying up'. So you have to replace it very regularly.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

• 1 month later...

Is possible to instal a h150i on a nzxt h710 in a push/pull configuration on the front mont? The case came with 3 120mm fans on the front so i was thinking to set them on my commander pro  with the fans from the h150i  for beter air flow maeby.