Virus scanner and removal tools.

I want to start my own computer repair business someday and one thing that I don't know a lot about is viruses. I don't know how to find them, remove them, repair the damage left behind, etc. I'm usually pretty safe on the internet so that normally not a big issue for me. But I played that PC Building Simulator game and that reminded me that viruses can be a issue for potential client/customers. What all do I need and what should I learn to prepare myself?

Also, is it possible to load up a lite linux OS on a usb and pack it with anti virus software and tools? That alone sounds pretty cool to me. 

Best way to get rid of viruses is to reinstall OS. For rescue purposes, there are indeed Linux distros http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/top-5-linux-system-rescue-cds

Also many commercial AV and AMW tools come with either separated tool or included one.

As IT support, you shouldn't be the one attacking virus and malware yourself. I would say your main purposes are:

• Protect customers data (backup, restore)
  • Protect customers hardware (cleaning and upgrading)
  • Try to fix without reinstalling OS (AV/AMW, defragging etc.)
  • Reinstall OS with permission

This is pretty much what you see with service descriptions, and I personally wouldn't expect any less. Just running AV/AMW can be too difficult for some users.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv