Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help please with new system windows install!

Bailes

Hello,

I have been building a new gaming computer for about a year now. I am still missing a graphics card but i was trying to install windows onto the hard drive to get a head start. I have read in other places that i would be able to do this because of the integrated gpu in my cpu. I am using a bootable usb to install windows. It lets me pick my language, time and currency, and etc. It will let me pick my hard drive and start the download and install. Once its done it wants to restart  but once its done and it is booting this back in get the attached bsod.  

hardware:

I9-9900k Cpu

gigabyte z390 gaming x motherboard

seagate barracuda 2tb hardrive

G. Skill trident z rgb 2x 8gb ram

what is causing this issue or is there a way to find out/fix it?

Thanks for the help

3301CA9C-1578-464D-8EF2-507260D4550D.jpeg

Do you have a ssd? You should really get a ssd, hdds are way to slow to run windows off of these days.

Did you unplug the bootable  usb?

what did the partition layout look like on the hdd?

IS it set to use uefi?

It is an hdd. I tried unplugging the bootable and it just black screens. When initially installing it just gives me the whole hdd to select and then it partition. I know off the top of my head it had 3-4 partions including the extra hdd space not being used by the install.

when u talk about using uefi do u mean in my bios or bootable usb? Either way I am not sure what the default on my bios was and i dont know how to check/change the bootable usb.

15 hours ago, Bailes said:

when u talk about using uefi do u mean in my bios or bootable usb? Either way I am not sure what the default on my bios was and i dont know how to check/change the bootable usb.

UEFI = BIOS. Just different version of it. Newer version. If all is left default, that should be fine. Older mobos you needed to set SATA mode to ACHI.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

I got it booting to windows desktop a few time by making a new bootable drive for installation but it was dead slow and my disk usage was at 100%. Tried rebooting and do a system repair but it says the system could not be diagnosed. It then started to not boot to desktop again. I also updated my bios to see if that help and no luck. I can get into bios fine and have no issues there which also has good response time to commands.