New Rig now, or wait?

Budget (including currency): 2000-2500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Only Gaming, high end AAA Games (RDR2...)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): No peripheral needed, only the computer itself. 

First timer here, came here from reddit looking for some real expertise ;)

My gaming Rig turned 4 years 1 month old today, and I think its due for an upgrade (its an i7 6700k@4.6GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX990ti G1 Gaming). 

I've seen linus' video on the best gaming rig money can buy rn, thats not the issue, besides the SLI RTX2080ti's I know what to get. 

My real concern is whether to go ahead and get an i7 9700K + RTX2080ti combo now or wait out for Intel 10th gen/AMD next gen (Ryzen 3 new or 4 (?)) And Nvidias 3000 series. I know they're rumored to be released in 2020, but I've been out of the scene ever since I built my pc in 2016. 

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Depends on ur needs, you may been waiting up to 5-6 months for rtx 3000.... hopefully we'll get a better idea of the time frame on May 14th when nVidia has there keynote.

Hey Sir you should be sleeping ( like me hehe)

I came to this forum for the exact same reason, with the exact same budget range, and the same doubt regarding build or  wait. My pc will be mostly for work/gaming and i took the decision to build it now since I didn't wanted to wait 5/6 months for something that i need for this moment. Regarding my parts, I went with this build Regarding justifications for each relevant part:

• RAM: Because of my work
  • CPU: Because of my work/gaming
  • Mobo: Next AMD gen will support X570, so it will be fine if i decide to upgrade my CPU later.
  • GPU: I went AMD for the first time in my life, the price/performance ratio is insane, also, IF i decide to upgrade to any new nvidia generation in the future, it will hurt less in my wallet moving away from a 400/500 € range card instead of a + 1000 € card.
  • Drives:
    • 250gb one : OS only, i dont need more than that.
    • 1tb : programs/ games

That's all i think :)

Well, I got a 1440p monitor and games like RDR2 have my rig on its last legs.. other than that not really, but I have the money now and don't need it for anything else. If I wait too long, o moght just blow it on other stuff i dont need.

If you're gonna wait for the next best tech to come along before you build.....you will always be waiting.

Case: Thermaltake W100.CPU:  AMD Ryzen 9 7950x . CPU Cooler: Artic 420 aio. Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B550. Memory: 32 gigs of DDR4 6000 G-Skill CL30.Graphics = XFX Merc 319 7900xtx. Main Drive = Sabrent Rocket Plus 4, m.2. Storage Drive = 8 tb Seagate Barracuda. PSU = Platinum 1300 watt. OS: Windows 10 Professional 64. Monitor: Samsung G, 2560x1440 @ 240hz. Sound System: Logitech Z-5300 5.1 (bought new by me in 2003). Mouse: Razr. Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Blue led. Printer: HP Envy 5660.Desk: 96” x 30” butcher block on rusted and clear-coated 2”x2” legs, built by owner.