Trying to figure out how to make a microphone I am listening to, part of game chat in Steelseries chat mix.

Hello!

I have connected my DualShock 4 PlayStation controller via an auxiliary cable to my PC’s front panel microphone jack. 

This was a solution to wanting to talk to my friends on my PC through Discord, and listen to the game on my PlayStation 4 simultaneously.

I also have the Steelseries Arctic Pro Wireless headset. This headset uses a wireless transmitter that I plug into my computer via usb.

A feature of the headset is “Chatmix” this allows for me to choose what I want to hear more, either my friends on discord or a game.

Although unfortunately, as the DualShock 4 controller is connected to the pc and recognized as a microphone that I am listening to, it also turns down when I lower chat volume and increase game volume.

I would like to have the DS4 audio changed to game audio so that I can turn it up or down depending on how much I want to hear my friends in Discord, or how much I want to hear the game compared to them.

Thank you!

Specs:

Computer:

CPU: 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler

MotherBoard:

MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 Tomahawk Max)

GPU: 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition Graphics Card

SSD: 

Inland Premium 512GB 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive

HDD: 

WD Blue 2TB PC Hard Drive - 5400 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD20EZAZ

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL15

COOLING:

Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB 120mm 3 in 1

CASE:

Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic

Monitor: 

VIOTEK GN27DB 27-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor, 1440p 144Hz Samsung VA Panel, FreeSync GamePlus FPS/RTS – VESA (Black)

Headphones:

Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

Keyboard:

Logitech G513 RGB Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Romer-G Tactile Keyswitches (Carbon)

Mouse:

Logitech G703 LIGHTSPEED

Mousepad:

SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface - XL RGB Prism Cloth