Buzzing fan noise from rtx 2060

Go to solution Solved by ThijsgamingNL,

When I recently watched this video from RandomGaminginHD he said that it was a bit of a common issue that the fans of windforce cards would ramp up and slow down in 2 seconds and that the fan starts buzzing at higher speeds. Exactly what I'm noticing with my card.

The manual fan curve that I set up in Afterburner fixed the high speeds and temperatures are staying cool as well.

3:05

Hi guys,

Today I installed my new gigabyte rtx 2060 windforce and started playing around with some overclocking on it. When Heaven was running, temperatures went up to about 76c which is fine. But when the fan speed exceeded 80%, the (I think it's only one fan) starts buzzing. It's not a high noise but it is noticeable while wearing a headset. No, it's not coil whine! Could this just be the rotor doing weird at high rpm or something? Idk

Also, when I change the fan speed in afterburner to a higher rpm, the fans will go up like 200 rpm higher for about 1 second and then quickly turn back to 'normal speed'. And that is not a consistant speed, but rather hovering between (f.e. 1500 and 1600 rpm).

Do you guys now what's causing these issues?

Let me know!

Did you try opening the pc and physically stopping the fans? just to triple verify that it's the fans?

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

• 2 weeks later...

When I recently watched this video from RandomGaminginHD he said that it was a bit of a common issue that the fans of windforce cards would ramp up and slow down in 2 seconds and that the fan starts buzzing at higher speeds. Exactly what I'm noticing with my card.

The manual fan curve that I set up in Afterburner fixed the high speeds and temperatures are staying cool as well.

3:05