Help! New type of crash? Or is it just me..

Hi LTT Community,

Recently, whenever I play a game ( probably a graphic demanding one ), somewhere during gameplay the game would just go to a black screen, static would appear for about less than a second, and then it would just go black and i'm not too sure how long it would stay like that ( never had the patience to actually wait ), I usually just press Ctrl+Alt+Del as neither Alt+Tab nor the Start button works to go to the desktop. So after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, it would take maybe about a minute ( probably a bit longer ) to show up, after which it opens task manager and I then proceed to close the process. I am not sure why this problem happens, sometimes it recurs after it had just happened and I try to play the same game again. However, a solution that works for me is restarting the computer ( a solution, yes, but not a long-term one ). I am now looking to you guys to help me with a proper, permanent solution ( if there is one ) as this is really an annoying problem.

Thanks,

James

Are you running a geforce card? i've got the same issue with my Gtx 470, the drivers "hangs" which means almost all fullscreen applications goes black until i restart them one by one. Have yet to find a solution though!

Are you running a geforce card? i've got the same issue with my Gtx 470, the drivers "hangs" which means almost all fullscreen applications goes black until i restart them one by one. Have yet to find a solution though!

I'm running a Sapphire R9 290, but I think what you might be saying is making alot of sense! I'm on AMDs new beta drivers ( the one with Mantle on BF4 ) and before that I never really had this problem! Thanks for mentioning about the drivers! :) Gonna downgrade now :P