First build need help and advice

wassil

Budget (including currency): 1000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: pure gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): first build i want it to last with the upecoming consoles,1080p60fps

hey guys its my first build, at first i was going to get a 3600 + 2060super or 5700 but since its my first build i don't wanna upegrade it anytime soon specially with the upecoming aaa games, 8cores consoles and iam on tight budget so i thought ill get a ryzen 7 3700x + 1660 super or Ti just to be safe on those 8cores and for now ill game on only 1080p60fps i think the 1660s/ti will do the job.

so yeah is it a good or bad idea ? 

how bad is the bottleneck and will it affect the gaming experience with micro stutters and such turndowns ?

let me know what you guys think or have a better idea and please go in details explain as much as you can 

or i have a risky choice i can cheap up on the psu ''thermaltake smart rgb series" so i can put the money on rtx 2060s ?

or 8gigs of ram otherthan 16gb and spend the rest on a better gpu ?

Getting a better GPU is more important than a good CPU, don't get the 1660ti. Getting 16GB of ram is a good idea, but you can upgrade pretty easily.

16 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Getting a better GPU is more important than a good CPU, don't get the 1660ti. Getting 16GB of ram is a good idea, but you can upgrade pretty easily.

will the 6c/12t hold in the next gen games ?

28 minutes ago, wassil said:

will the 6c/12t hold in the next gen games ?

Probably, but having a bad GPU is worse for next gen games.

3 hours ago, wassil said:

Budget (including currency): 1000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: pure gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): first build i want it to last with the upecoming consoles,1080p60fps

hey guys its my first build, at first i was going to get a 3600 + 2060super or 5700 but since its my first build i don't wanna upegrade it anytime soon specially with the upecoming aaa games, 8cores consoles and iam on tight budget so i thought ill get a ryzen 7 3700x + 1660 super or Ti just to be safe on those 8cores and for now ill game on only 1080p60fps i think the 1660s/ti will do the job.

so yeah is it a good or bad idea ? 

how bad is the bottleneck and will it affect the gaming experience with micro stutters and such turndowns ?

let me know what you guys think or have a better idea and please go in details explain as much as you can 

or i have a risky choice i can cheap up on the psu ''thermaltake smart rgb series" so i can put the money on rtx 2060s ?

or 8gigs of ram otherthan 16gb and spend the rest on a better gpu ?

2 hours ago, Darpyface said:

Probably, but having a bad GPU is worse for next gen games.

Most modern games we play today are more GPU demanding and CPU usage barely goes beyond 50% in most AAA games. You may want to spend more on the GPU. The CPU choice you have picked is solid for future proofing as 6 cores and 12 threads is good enough. Maybe get a 3600x as it has higher clock speeds if you want. To game AAA, you will definitely need at least 16 GB of RAM. Try to find a time to buy RAM when it is very cheap and get 3200Mhz as your CPU can suit to the 3200Mhz RAM overclock speed of that value, furthermore, it costs only 5$ at most more than 3000Mhz. GPU wise, get a 1660 Super as it should be more than enough for 1080p60. However, the best GPU to future proof your game would be RTX 2060 super.

Secondly, are you going to include monitor in your price or not. If it is just a Pc without monitor it is fine