Best cheap sportbike?

cookiethecrumb
Hello, guys, I am looking to buy my first bike (I have driven lots of dirtbikes never a street bike) and I was wondering if you guys knew of something that would fit these conditions. Thanks for any help!
  • 5K or under the less expensive the better (Used it totally fine)
  • 5 Sec 0-60 or faster (120 or higher top speed)
  • Sportbike style
  • Reliable
  • I'm using it for a quick, easy, and fun way to get to work and to save on gas.

I have a 2015 Honda CB500F, 0-60 is sub-5 seconds but that top speed might be a little higher than it will go. New they’re about $6k, so one a few years old should be below $5k. I bought mine new and it’s been pretty good, at roughly 24k miles now. The CBR500R is what’d You want as it has clip-ons and fairing, the F model is a naked bike and a bit more upright.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

5 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

I have a 2015 Honda CB500F, 0-60 is sub-5 seconds but that top speed might be a little higher than it will go. New they’re about $6k, so one a few years old should be below $5k. I bought mine new and it’s been pretty good, at roughly 24k miles now. The CBR500R is what’d You want as it has clip-ons and fairing, the F model is a naked bike and a bit more upright.

couldn't find any used in my area what do you think of this is seems similar https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/59787679

28 minutes ago, cookiethecrumb said:

couldn't find any used in my area what do you think of this is seems similar https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/59787679

Ninja 650's are very well thought of as far as I know, I looked at a Kawasaki Vulcan 650 which has the same engine/transmission before I bought my Honda. One thing to keep in mind is insurance, definitely check with multiple companies when looking to insure a motorcycle, because the prices can vary quite a bit. My Honda is under the 600cc mark, so it's cheaper in general, but I got a quote from one company for $85 a month for full coverage, and the company I went with is $36 a month for the same coverage. The insurance pricing on motorcycles tends to be highly related to how likely it is to be stolen (sad, I know), so stuff like R6's and R1's are crazy to get insurance on in some areas, I do not know if Ninja 650's have that same allure to criminals, but shop around even before you buy a bike if possible.

EDIT: Also, if you haven't gone through an MSF course and gotten your motorcycle license/endorsement, I highly recommend it. It usually saves a bunch on insurance as well.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Learn to ride a road bike properly before buying a possible ticket to a coffin.

51 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Learn to ride a road bike properly before buying a possible ticket to a coffin.

Probably not a bad idea. The first time I went to test out a CB500F I accidentally pulled a wheelie leaving the lot, because I gave it as much throttle as my 250cc cruiser I had at the time. That could have ended very badly since I wasn't expecting it.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R