Z390 Requirements

PSU - Corsair RM750x

I'm looking to upgrade my cpu and motherboard soon because my 6600K is a serious bottleneck to my GPU. I plan on upgrading to the i9-9900K and this motherboard since it is compatible with my waterblock. My question is can I just buy an additional 4-pin EPS cable for my psu or do I need a higher end one? Also does Z390 have any other odd hardware requirements?

In most cases you only need the 4pin EPS if you plan to do some crazy high overclocking or you need better power delivery. I would go without it for now and see if you run into crashes or have other issues and if so then I would look at adding it but in probably 99% of cases it's not needed.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 hours ago, Lurick said:

In most cases you only need the 4pin EPS if you plan to do some crazy high overclocking or you need better power delivery. I would go without it for now and see if you run into crashes or have other issues and if so then I would look at adding it but in probably 99% of cases it's not needed.

Okay, thanks! I'll give that a try and see how it does without it. I won't be overclocking too hard at first since I only have a 360 rad for that and my titan x right now.