b550 motherboards?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

5th gen is probably going to use DDR5 so will need a new socket anyways, so if you can wait 2 generations between updates and don't want pcie gen4. If you really need a pc now you should be fine with b450, but if you can wait until June 16th then go buy a b550.

I'm really itching to order my parts and build my new PC, but I just found out about 4th gen ryzen and that they only support 500 motherboards.  I am thinking about upgrading to 4th gen a couple years from now so I don't know if I should just go ahead and order it and buy a new motherboard when I need it, or just be patient and wait? (My PC rn is slowing down and is getting hard to play games)

5th gen is probably going to use DDR5 so will need a new socket anyways, so if you can wait 2 generations between updates and don't want pcie gen4. If you really need a pc now you should be fine with b450, but if you can wait until June 16th then go buy a b550.

3 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Thanks! The DDR5 point really makes sense. I think im going to stick with the b450 then upgrade to b650 like a year after it comes out.