PC randomly freezing with usb/power buttons powering off

Go to solution Solved by laggygaymer,
3 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

SSD speeds look ok-ish , around 380 mb/s , boot speeds are ok, the thing that frightened me were the ports powering off when freezing. I SHOULD mention that I had a bad psu cable that kinda shorted I think, it had some torn isolation and when I plugged the pc in it started making electric sounds and all the lights in my pc were flickering, i plugged it out instantly, then changed the cable but it still might have damaged something?

i saw a post a few minutes ago and realized that both of you guys have thermaltake psus... please, replace it with a more reputable brand like evga or corsair. their psus are worse than dogshit.

Hello guys first off here are my specs

Asus strix z270F

i7 7700k stock voltage 4.6 ghz

Asus strix gtx 1080

2x corsair vengeance 8gb ddr4 2400

1 HP s570(i think) SSD

Thermaltake Smart BM1 700w Bronze PSU

Ok so I was playing cs:go , played for like 3-4 hours and my pc suddenly froze , keyboard disconnected but mouse was still on ( pc was frozen so idk if it actually worked). 

Also , the wierdest thing was that my power/restart buttons didn't work anymore, they were disconnected as well.

The only way I could shut the pc down was by the PSU button in the back. 

Cpu and gpu temps were ok (50-ish degrees) , no area was warm , touched the case everywhere. 

Random restarts also occured when playing Dirt Rally 2.0 . The pc just shuts down, then reboots, no blue screen nothing. 

It's a new build and I seem to have lots of trouble with it. GPU and CPU were bought used , but they both run really well in benchmarks. I'm using a Noctua nh-d15 for the CPU, never had temps higher than 62-65. Gpu goes to around 75-78 in demanding games. 

quickly searched up your ssd... i did not find an HP s570 but i did find an HP s700 on amazon. read eight reviews, usa and international (i live in the us). five of them said that the ssd either failed or wasn't compatible with the motherboard. one of the three positive reviews said that the ssd was good but still felt kinda slow, one said it was good despite showing a screenshot of slow speeds on crystaldiskmark, and the last one said that it was fast although he also said that it took 45 seconds to boot up windows 10 (my 7200 rpm slow asf hard drive takes 22 seconds to boot up windows 10). so, if you read through this then you know what to do... replace your ssd.

9 minutes ago, laggygaymer said:

quickly searched up your ssd... i did not find an HP s570 but i did find an HP s700 on amazon. read eight reviews, usa and international (i live in the us). five of them said that the ssd either failed or wasn't compatible with the motherboard. one of the three positive reviews said that the ssd was good but still felt kinda slow, one said it was good despite showing a screenshot of slow speeds on crystaldiskmark, and the last one said that it was fast although he also said that it took 45 seconds to boot up windows 10 (my 7200 rpm slow asf hard drive takes 22 seconds to boot up windows 10). so, if you read through this then you know what to do... replace your ssd.

SSD speeds look ok-ish , around 380 mb/s , boot speeds are ok, the thing that frightened me were the ports powering off when freezing. I SHOULD mention that I had a bad psu cable that kinda shorted I think, it had some torn isolation and when I plugged the pc in it started making electric sounds and all the lights in my pc were flickering, i plugged it out instantly, then changed the cable but it still might have damaged something?

3 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

i saw a post a few minutes ago and realized that both of you guys have thermaltake psus... please, replace it with a more reputable brand like evga or corsair. their psus are worse than dogshit.

5 minutes ago, laggygaymer said:

Yeah, my bet is kinda on the PSU as well , I'm going to get a Corsair soon, won't start the PC until then. Didn't know they were so bad. 

Thanks for helping, I hope that changing the PSU will bring an end to the weird restarts and crashes :)

Just now, Fishyfish said:

Yeah, my bet is kinda on the PSU as well , I'm going to get a Corsair soon, won't start the PC until then. Didn't know they were so bad. 

Thanks for helping, I hope that changing the PSU will bring an end to the weird restarts and crashes :)

np bro nice to know that i could help