PC Fan blanking plate?

Neroh

Hello!

My current PC case has 3 mounting spots for 120mm fans at the bottom, as you can see from the attached image.

I have one fan mounted in an attempt to block the unsightly view through to the cables/floor below, but as you can see this does nothing to block the view even slightly.

I am wondering if there is such a product as a fan blanking plate, which I could screw in place of these 3 fans to create just a flat black bottom? It would be ideal to have 1 piece I could screw in at either end, but it's more likely a single fan one might exist considering there aren't many cases with 3 fans side by side. (to my knowledge.)

If I knew someone who could make one up I'd request it but I unfortunately do not.

Any help would be majorly appreciated! Thank you 😀

20200506_172920.jpg

2 minutes ago, Neroh said:

Hello!

My current PC case has 3 mounting spots for 120mm fans at the bottom, as you can see from the attached image.

I have one fan mounted in an attempt to block the unsightly view through to the cables/floor below, but as you can see this does nothing to block the view even slightly.

I am wondering if there is such a product as a fan blanking plate, which I could screw in place of these 3 fans to create just a flat black bottom? It would be ideal to have 1 piece I could screw in at either end, but it's more likely a single fan one might exist considering there aren't many cases with 3 fans side by side. (to my knowledge.)

If I knew someone who could make one up I'd request it but I unfortunately do not.

Any help would be majorly appreciated! Thank you 😀

20200506_172920.jpg

Why block the airflow it doesn't get better like that

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

They do exist. If you search for 120mm fan cover you can find quite a few. I also left a photo below for reference. That is a caselabs 120mm fan cover, they don't sell them any more. So the next best thing could be getting a 120mm fan filter that should be enough to hid the unpleasant aesthetic. You can also make one yourself out of wood or steel if you have the tools to do so as I can't imagine it being very difficult.

CaseLabs 120mm Fan Hole Cover Plate, Solid, Gunmetal: Amazon.co.uk ...120mm Computer PC Cooler Fan Case Cover Dust Proof Mesh Grill ...

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Why block the airflow it doesn't get better like that

GEKL_052_01.jpg?etag=%22149abb-5e1c21f7%GEKL_052_01.jpg?etag=%22149abb-5e1c21f7%He has a pretty big case with already good airflow so he's only trying to improve aesthetics. Covering those wholes shouldn't affect temps at all.

GEKL_052_01.thumb.jpg.16e65da1619b9f3a3546468a62ef2dd4.jpg

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for the help! I can see that the caselabs covers are out of stock everywhere which is unfortunate. I'm not sure the mesh would work that well, but if they're cheap I may pick up a few, thank you for the suggestion!

My only other idea is like you say, making one and spraying it matte black to match. Unless I can find a service that will laser cut the piece for me in the UK.

• 6 months later...

I know I'm late to the party.

links at end should get you started on possible alternate ideas. if I've got the wrong idea, please disregard.

I have an old NZXT tower with fan vents on the top and side. The top I'm OK with, since I can cover those with magnetic mesh. On the side, however, the holes pose a different problem...

I went looking for fan blanking plates, but with the filter covers and whatnot, it's a bit tough to find exactly what you're looking for.

however, there's an ebay shop that custom-prints fan port accessories.

second option: cut-to-fit some black matte plastic only to block the view

third option: install the "fan filter covers" in a 3x120 configuration, allowing for airflow while blocking the view.

various graphic "fan grille covers"

an actual 120mm blanking plate with matching screw holes

plastic sheeting for custom cuts

120mm filter box with removable foam filter

edit: insert the links