Rashy

Hi,

So I've just upgraded my rig to:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • MB: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
  • RAM: KLEVV DDR-25600 2x8GB (16GB)
  • PSU: Corsair CX600 80+ Bronze
  • GPU: XFX RX 590 Fatboy 8GB

I've only been on this rig for about 3 days. The first day in, I stress-tested the rig with AIDA64 and Prime95 each 45 minutes (had a minor bump where I forgot to update the Chipset driver on my Ryzen, but was finally resolved.) ran 3DMark and even CineBench. Everything was fine.

Up until today. I turned on Call of Duty: Warzone, and in-game after about half an hour, the screen blacked out, the monitor detected no input, but the PC was running, I can still hear audio. Looked inside the rig, the GPU fan had turned off.

Ignored it and turned it off and on again by holding the power button. Played Warzone again, and the same thing happened!

I played Warzone for the whole night yesterday and it was running fine! The only difference yesterday and today is that I edited and rendered a video for my work today.

So far I've tried:

• Setting CPU Minimum Processor State to 50% in Power Management
  • Power Limit to 50% in my AMD Radeon Software for my RX 590
  • Set a Fan Curve on both GPU and CPU
  • Reinstalling Display Drivers with DDU
  • Re-stress tested the GPU up to 100% Utilization for 30 minutes, no problem. (AIDA64, FurMark, 3DMark)

Helpful information:

Driver version is 20.4.2

A crash in Event Viewer matching the time around my pc crashed:

Faulting application name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.778, time stamp: 0x0c1bb301
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9229
Faulting process ID: 0x2c50
Faulting application start time: 0x01d621be7ed80306
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: bdca9759-4b56-4b78-b545-9afac9e8af96
Faulting package full name: ?
Faulting package-relative application ID: ?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

12 minutes ago, Rashy said:

Did you update your motherboard bios and try reinstalling windows/older drivers?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

12 minutes ago, Rashy said:

Hi,

So I've just upgraded my rig to:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • MB: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
  • RAM: KLEVV DDR-25600 2x8GB (16GB)
  • PSU: Corsair CX600 80+ Bronze
  • GPU: XFX RX 590 Fatboy 8GB

I've only been on this rig for about 3 days. The first day in, I stress-tested the rig with AIDA64 and Prime95 each 45 minutes (had a minor bump where I forgot to update the Chipset driver on my Ryzen, but was finally resolved.) ran 3DMark and even CineBench. Everything was fine.

Up until today. I turned on Call of Duty: Warzone, and in-game after about half an hour, the screen blacked out, the monitor detected no input, but the PC was running, I can still hear audio. Looked inside the rig, the GPU fan had turned off.

Ignored it and turned it off and on again by holding the power button. Played Warzone again, and the same thing happened!

I played Warzone for the whole night yesterday and it was running fine! The only difference yesterday and today is that I edited and rendered a video for my work today.

So far I've tried:

• Setting CPU Minimum Processor State to 50% in Power Management
  • Power Limit to 50% in my AMD Radeon Software for my RX 590
  • Set a Fan Curve on both GPU and CPU
  • Reinstalling Display Drivers with DDU
  • Re-stress tested the GPU up to 100% Utilization for 30 minutes, no problem. (AIDA64, FurMark, 3DMark)

Helpful information:

Driver version is 20.4.2

A crash in Event Viewer matching the time around my pc crashed:

Faulting application name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.778, time stamp: 0x0c1bb301
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9229
Faulting process ID: 0x2c50
Faulting application start time: 0x01d621be7ed80306
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: bdca9759-4b56-4b78-b545-9afac9e8af96
Faulting package full name: ?
Faulting package-relative application ID: ?

So I'm gonna assume it's new but do you have an oc profile on your GPU and what voltages do you have on it aswell

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Did you update your motherboard bios and try reinstalling windows/older drivers?

I've updated my BIOS to the latest version, havent tried reinstalling older drivers though. What driver version do you recommend?

18 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

So I'm gonna assume it's new but do you have an oc profile on your GPU and what voltages do you have on it aswell

I haven't touched Overclocking on my GPU nor my CPU. So far no OC profile, everything's automatic except for the Fan Curve and Power Limit.

Voltages touch 0.8438 V MIN, and 1.2063 V MAX on GPU-Z while on stress tests.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Just now, Rashy said:

I've updated my BIOS to the latest version, havent tried reinstalling older drivers though. What driver version do you recommend?

I haven't touched Overclocking on my GPU nor my CPU. So far no OC profile, everything's automatic except for the Fan Curve and Power Limit.

Voltages touch 0.8438 V MIN, and 1.2063 V MAX on GPU-Z while on stress tests.

Just try out a different driver, if the issue keeps happening, I've got nothing. Could try reinstalling windows at that point, or flashing a fresh bios onto the GPU if you have a 2nd GPU for potential recovery.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue with an RX 590 MSI armor 8g oc, my best solution was to lower the max frequency by 10% in radeon settings. Couldn't find anything better so far, still testing different methods.image.thumb.png.addf05df9b1fa63881cef6d2cf8c433a.png

I had the same problem with my rx590 sapphire nitro. I had to use DDU to uninstall my drivers  and reinstalled them without Radeon software. I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhBLqTVxcBM to install the drivers without Radeon Software. I use MSI afterbuner to control my fan curve and monitoring temps. No problems since.

• 2 months later...

I was having this exact same problem with my rx590 for about a month. Everything I tried wasn’t working until I came across a video from 2018. I was trying to play the new cod Cold War beta and it would crash every 5 mins or so.

This worked for me...

In your global tuning section of Radeon settings, adjust the voltage to max and the frequency at all states to 1000 MHz. My pc went from crashing every 5 mins to running the game for hours. You can probably go a little higher than 1000 to get better performance, but my system is really stable at 1000 MHz and I’m scared to test how far I can push it. I’m willing to bet I can get 1250-1300 out of it without crashing for a while, but I really don’t know. I would also recommend to pump up the fan speeds to keep temp down and turn off the zero-rpm setting if it’s on. You can also increase the power supply settings, I give it an extra 15% power consumption.

I’m not great with computers, so I don’t really understand why it works, this was my first build after all. My best guess is that rx590’s are “overclocked“ out of the box and when put under load it’ll hard crash. Not only that but the standard settings don’t have enough voltage to handle the clock speed causing it to crash.  

Even if you’re not having this issue anymore I hope someone who is reads this and it solves their problem. It took me forever to figure it out, so I hope this fixes it.