Help needed with case fans

Go to solution Solved by Chiyawa,

I can't see the connector well, but are they by any chance uses Floppy Disk Drive power connector? Do you still have your old case? Does your fan directly connect to the PSU?

So i recently bought a new case (Because the old one only had space for mini GPUs) and it's going great so far. The case is spacious, and overall an improvement from the old one. But i can see that CPU temps are getting higher. I was expecting this since my last case had an opening on the side, which allowed my CPU cooler to drag in air straight from outside (Ryzen 7 3800X Stock cooler, B450 Gaming X with 16gb 3600mhz). Before changing the case my ryzen, in cinebench r20, was getting as hot as 72C, but with the new case it gets as hot as 92C!!! Then i realized that the case fans weren't even on, although i connected both of them to the Sys_Fan 2 and 3 respectively. Then i really wondered what was going on, and so i started messing with the wiring a bit, and found out that the fans would start spinning, plus they look nothing like your usual fan connectors. If i would connect them to either 12V GRB or VD G connectors. (Not the smartest thing to do tho). And now They are spinning... BUT the exhaust fan at the back barely pushes out air and the front one won't stop when i turn off the pc (The back one is connected to 12V GRB and the front one to VD G). Also my bios does not detect any fans whatsoever, and they also had to be RGB illuminated. I couldn't find anything about the connectors online, but one of them is labeled B1 gndz and the other L1 cndz, the case being Aqirys electra. They were also supposed to be RGB but my motherboard does not match the cases rgb header so i guess this is on me. i don't really care about rgb, i just want does dang fans to run so my cpu isn't choked out of air. Another strange thing is that, when i am playing League of Legends i get anywhere from 550 to 180 fps when previously it was running nowhere higher than 250 and nowhere lower than 210. I guess this is the CPU's way to maintain itself in these harsh conditions. Anyways here are the connectors: (They can be plugged one into eachother although they are from the same fan which seems really strange to me) Sorry for the bad quality i am writing this at night and the only thing helping me is my phone's flashlight. Can you at least tell me what is the name of these cables or what they should be plugged into?

20200505_210117.jpg

20200505_212732.jpg

20200505_212744.jpg

I can't see the connector well, but are they by any chance uses Floppy Disk Drive power connector? Do you still have your old case? Does your fan directly connect to the PSU?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

25 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

i did use a floppy disk in my older case, but the fans and case are brand new. Yes i still have my old case. And honestly i haven't checked if they connect to the psu. i will reply as soon as i do

1 hour ago, Chiyawa said:

And surely enough it was the PSU that was not connected to the fan. Apparently the case comes with it's own little motherboard upfront which controls the fans and rgb, wich has to be inserted in one of the PSU's cable ends. Thank you!

13 hours ago, Just a Random Joe said:

And surely enough it was the PSU that was not connected to the fan. Apparently the case comes with it's own little motherboard upfront which controls the fans and rgb, wich has to be inserted in one of the PSU's cable ends. Thank you!

You're welcome.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what is the make and model of your old case?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 5/7/2020 at 4:07 AM, Chiyawa said:

You're welcome.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what is the make and model of your old case?

It's and Asus case but no idea what model. it's from a 2013 pre built which i kept (The case) until now

On 5/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, Just a Random Joe said:

It's and Asus case but no idea what model. it's from a 2013 pre built which i kept (The case) until now

I see. It looks like they are using proprietary connectors. Good thing you still have the case.