4 Beeps On My AsRock H61M-DGS

So recently when i turn on my computer it give me 4 beep code and restart itself and then turn on again and give 4 beep again  and so on anyone have idea? I tried to run without external GPU , reset the CMOS battery

Gigabyte A320M-S2h Rev 1.2
Ryzen 5 1600 w/ Stock Wraith Spire

Micron 8GB 2666MHz From HP Prebuilt @ 3533MHz CL18 (Single Channel)

MSI RX 460 4GB OC w/ RX 560 Bios for couple months

WD Green 240GB m.2 SATA III 
WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB
WD Blue 5400RPM 1TB
Seagate Pipeline 5900RPM 500GB
Zalman ZM600-HP (Heatpipe Utilized PSU) 600W 

It could be a bad memory stick or DIMM slot. Try turning it on with one memory stick installed in each slot at a time.

AMI Bios beep codes.

1 short DRAM refresh failure The programmable interrupt timer or programmable interrupt controller has probably failed
2 short Memory parity error A memory parity error has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad
3 short Base 64K memory failure A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad
4 short System timer failure The system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory
5 short Processor error The system CPU has failed
6 short Gate A20 failure The keyboard controller IC has failed, which is not allowing Gate A20 to switch the processor to protected mode. Replace the keyboard controller
7 short Virtual mode processor exception error The CPU has generated an exception error because of a fault in the CPU or motherboard circuitry
8 short Display memory read/write error The system video adapter is missing or defective
9 short ROM checksum error The contents of the system BIOS ROM does not match the expected checksum value. The BIOS ROM is probably defective and should be replaced
10 short CMOS shutdown register read/write error The shutdown for the CMOS has failed
11 short Cache error The L2 cache is faulty
1 long, 2 short Failure in video system An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered
1 long, 3 short Memory test failure A fault has been detected in memory above 64KB
1 long, 8 short Display test failure The video adapter is either missing or defective
2 short POST Failure One of the hardware testa have failed
1 long POST has passed all tests

1 hour ago, Prius Is Suck said:

So recently when i turn on my computer it give me 4 beep code and restart itself and then turn on again and give 4 beep again  and so on anyone have idea? I tried to run without external GPU , reset the CMOS battery

did you mess with ram timings? if not, may be a bad stick.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:01 AM, bmx6454 said:

did you mess with ram timings? if not, may be a bad stick.

Nah my ram decide to end its life fortunately corsair have lifetime warranty

Gigabyte A320M-S2h Rev 1.2
Ryzen 5 1600 w/ Stock Wraith Spire

Micron 8GB 2666MHz From HP Prebuilt @ 3533MHz CL18 (Single Channel)

MSI RX 460 4GB OC w/ RX 560 Bios for couple months

WD Green 240GB m.2 SATA III 
WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB
WD Blue 5400RPM 1TB
Seagate Pipeline 5900RPM 500GB
Zalman ZM600-HP (Heatpipe Utilized PSU) 600W 

• 1 year later...

Hello I have a similar problem. I hope someone could give me new ideas what to do next. 🙂

I have quite an old rig to which I just bought a new CPU cooler and I installed the cooler immediately after I got from work.

When I started my PC after this it beeps 4 times and then it shuts down and tries to boot again. I have to shut it down from the back to end this loop.

I have two sticks of 8 Gb ram and I tried to boot up the pc with just one stick. The PC booted up fine.

Then I tried to boot the PC with my old 4 Gb x 2 of RAM and the result was the same. 4 beeps and then a reboot. With one 4 Gb stick the
PC turned on fine. So I quess my RAM is okay? The problem occurs when I have two sticks of RAM installed and I am not sure how this could be related to
my installation of the new CPU cooler.

The most FRUSTRATING thing is that I can't find the beep codes from any manual which is quite odd.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/565339/Asrock-H61-Pro-Btc.html

I also got a blue screen when I was first writing this reply: a sad face saying my PC has encountered an error and must be restarted.

This is my current setup which just one block of RAM installed.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.80GHz    45 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
    ASRock H61 Pro BTC (CPUSocket)    32 °C
Graphics
    ASUS VH238 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA)    45 °C
Storage
    111GB ATA Samsung SSD 840 SCSI Disk Device (SATA (SSD))    33 °C
    223GB ATA OCZ-ARC100 SCSI Disk Device (SATA (SSD))
Optical Drives
    ASUS DRW-24F1ST a SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
    VIA High Definition Audio