Search for new keyboard

VCarmichael

Greetings everyone.

I'm in need of help. As i recently killed my Corsair Strafe RGB (Mk 1, read: spilled drink) and its now quite dead, im in need of a new keyboard. After looking at several candidates i ended up with mostly 2 (if you ask why 2 only, well im from EU and prices here arent very neat due to pandemic and poor economy where im at). If it helps any further my max budget is 189$. If you ask why not go Corsair again ? - As i mentioned price went up to heaven due to pandemic on all of them models in my country so i cannot do it. In any event the two i'm struggling choosing between are Razer Black Widow Elite and Kingston HyperX Alloy Elite RGB. Issue is in my 4 days of browsing both Youtube, various forums,websites and even Amazons sites i been seein a decent amout of people sayin various things about them two keyboards. When it comes to Razer some people claim the Kailh green switches are bad in general, and even worse for gaming. Some go and claim plastic body of keyboard itself (of the particular model) is also very flimsy and prone to bending. When it comes to Kingstons's HyperX Alloy Elite people also stated various issues from flimsy easy to escape keys, to some keys randomly fail within weeks/ months and coil whine from RGB strip it haves on top of its body. Now i dont know a zilch about them two keyboards as i never ever used them in my life so idk if these claims are just string of bad luck for certain people or does it happen quite often. The only mechanichal keyboard i had thus far was the Corsair Strafe with MX Cherry Red's so basically that is my only experience with authenthic MX keys. So i guess my question to anyone here is - how good is Black Widow Elite ? How are them Razer Green Switches (as they are only kind i can buy in my country unfortunately) and are they really bad as people claim or is it just bunch of hooey ? When it comes to anyone owning Kingston's keyboard - only question i have is are you folks happy / ok with it ? If not, why ? At this point any other keyboard that you folks can recommend would mean a world to me if, by any chance these two i mentioned are at some flaws / issues. My only critteria is - no TKL type and prefferably i'd need to have a wrist rest cuz without one my wrists are killing me during gaming seanses xD. As for them Macro keys - dont need em, just ordered Razer Naga Trinity so il have plenty of keys for that, media keys however - would be nice, but if due to price cannot be - all cool. Sorry for long text and thank you in advance for any help, tip and time spent to help out.

13 minutes ago, VCarmichael said:

Greetings everyone.

I'm in need of help. As i recently killed my Corsair Strafe RGB (Mk 1, read: spilled drink) and its now quite dead, im in need of a new keyboard. After looking at several candidates i ended up with mostly 2 (if you ask why 2 only, well im from EU and prices here arent very neat due to pandemic and poor economy where im at). If it helps any further my max budget is €172.24. If you ask why not go Corsair again ? - As i mentioned price went up to heaven due to pandemic on all of them models in my country so i cannot do it. In any event the two i'm struggling choosing between are Razer Black Widow Elite and Kingston HyperX Alloy Elite RGB. Issue is in my 4 days of browsing both Youtube, various forums,websites and even Amazons sites i been seein a decent amout of people sayin various things about them two keyboards. When it comes to Razer some people claim the Kailh green switches are bad in general, and even worse for gaming. Some go and claim plastic body of keyboard itself (of the particular model) is also very flimsy and prone to bending. When it comes to Kingstons's HyperX Alloy Elite people also stated various issues from flimsy easy to escape keys, to some keys randomly fail within weeks/ months and coil whine from RGB strip it haves on top of its body. Now i dont know a zilch about them two keyboards as i never ever used them in my life so idk if these claims are just string of bad luck for certain people or does it happen quite often. The only mechanichal keyboard i had thus far was the Corsair Strafe with MX Cherry Red's so basically that is my only experience with authenthic MX keys. So i guess my question to anyone here is - how good is Black Widow Elite ? How are them Razer Green Switches (as they are only kind i can buy in my country unfortunately) and are they really bad as people claim or is it just bunch of hooey ? When it comes to anyone owning Kingston's keyboard - only question i have is are you folks happy / ok with it ? If not, why ? At this point any other keyboard that you folks can recommend would mean a world to me if, by any chance these two i mentioned are at some flaws / issues. My only critteria is - no TKL type and prefferably i'd need to have a wrist rest cuz without one my wrists are killing me during gaming seanses xD. As for them Macro keys - dont need em, just ordered Razer Naga Trinity so il have plenty of keys for that, media keys however - would be nice, but if due to price cannot be - all cool. Sorry for long text and thank you in advance for any help, tip and time spent to help out.

in my opinion just take what you like the  most and i personally believe that you can buy a cheaper one that will serve you as well in the end IT IS ONLY A KEYBOARD