Is this the right way to connect front panel adapter?

hi everyone, I realized that I needed to connect an adapter that came with the NZXT H510 to the front panel connector for the case, I started to plug it in and felt a lot of resistance even though i think it plugs in there. I just need to be sure I’m right before I force it and break it, thanks!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Before you attempt plugging it in to the motherboard, maybe you should take a look at the motherboard manual.  RTFM.

This isn’t about the mobo, it’s just the case front panel connector and the adapter thing

2 minutes ago, Brady26 said:

This isn’t about the mobo, it’s just the case front panel connector and the adapter thing

It's both. The H510 manual shows that "for Intel Standard F_Panel Headers" (meaning if your mobo has that type of header) you don't even need the adapter, you can just plug straight in. Otherwise, you need the adapter. Either way, it's a keyed connector (notice that one corner doesn't have a hole? That's the keying.) so it can only connect one way, although if using the adapter, the new female ends are all separated so they aren't keyed (but the panel-to-adapter connection is keyed). If in doubt, there's no harm to using the adapter.

It seems likely that you won't need the adapter, but I can't say without knowing your mobo.

Oh okay thank you, I have an MSI b450 tomahawk max, so if it has the correct port I can just plug in the whole thing without the adapter and the power button and led’s and stuff will work? (Obviously the USB 3.0 is separate)

14 minutes ago, Brady26 said:

Oh okay thank you, I have an MSI b450 tomahawk max, so if it has the correct port I can just plug in the whole thing without the adapter and the power button and led’s and stuff will work? (Obviously the USB 3.0 is separate)

Yep, looked at the mobo's manual too, and you should be good to go without the adapter. Just make sure the no-hole corner lines up with the mobo's no-pin corner, and everything should work.

(Disclaimer: I've never used either of these parts, and only know what I'm saying because I read the manuals. I am not responsible if things don't work. :) )

Awesome man thanks!!!! That should make things hella easier😂😂

50 minutes ago, fordy_rounds said:

Yep, looked at the mobo's manual too, and you should be good to go without the adapter. Just make sure the no-hole corner lines up with the mobo's no-pin corner, and everything should work.

(Disclaimer: I've never used either of these parts, and only know what I'm saying because I read the manuals. I am not responsible if things don't work. :) )

Alright so I’m looking at it right now, so I don’t need to use the headers with the little pins at all? I can just use the one big thing and plug it into the mobo, to make the power button work and stuff?

16 minutes ago, Brady26 said:

Alright so I’m looking at it right now, so I don’t need to use the headers with the little pins at all? I can just use the one big thing and plug it into the mobo, to make the power button work and stuff?

As far as I can tell. The split connectors are just for boards with non-standard headers, and yours look to be standard.

3 hours ago, fordy_rounds said:

As far as I can tell. The split connectors are just for boards with non-standard headers, and yours look to be standard.

Alright man im gonna be super honest I have no idea where this piece connects to on the mobo! The one for the front panel “f panel” some help or direction for where or what to look for would be greatly appreciated 

1 hour ago, Brady26 said:

Alright man im gonna be super honest I have no idea where this piece connects to on the mobo! The one for the front panel “f panel” some help or direction for where or what to look for would be greatly appreciated 

According to your manual (linked above) it's labeled "JFP1." See page 32 of the manual for a guide to where it's located on the board—looks to be centered on the bottom edge (below the pcie slots).