Any suggested improvements for optimisations

Hello guys I recently pieced together a PC don't worry motherboards a placeholder and originally had a 2700x that died due to bent pins *accidents happen when thermal paste gets too stuck to it* rookie mistake I know.

The full systems specs at base. I've of course done some manual tweaks hitting 4.2GHz all cores with PBO and hitting 60-70c on stock cooler which I'd hope is decent?

The picture below is the current operating config with the alterations I've made.

Also to add the hard drives mechanical one's are from my old system.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Technology is a curse... why? Because it's so addictive.

Well, as far as optimisation goes, software side should be good.

On hardware, I would suggest you to upgrade 2 things:

- CPU cooler. Your CPU is getting quite hot. Upgrading the CPU cooler will make it run faster for a longer period of time before thermal throttling. I suggest tower type heat sink cooler as they are cheaper, but you can get a 240mm AIO if you prefer.

- RAM. Your motherboard can support up to 3200MHz when pair with Matisse CPU (Ryzen 3000 series CPU). Although it might not have a staggering performance boost, but it can help your performance by a bit from your current 3000MHz RAM.

Optional Hardware upgrade (may put a hole in your pocket):

- Motherboard. X570 are optimised for Matisse CPU, so this upgrade may give a good improvement. If you pair it with 3600MHz RAM, it sure can give a little boost. If you want, maybe get a good X470 motherboard with higher VRM capability.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 6:08 AM, Chiyawa said:

- CPU cooler. Your CPU is getting quite hot. Upgrading the CPU cooler will make it run faster for a longer period of time before thermal throttling. I suggest tower type heat sink cooler as they are cheaper, but you can get a 240mm AIO if you prefer.

- RAM. Your motherboard can support up to 3200MHz when pair with Matisse CPU (Ryzen 3000 series CPU). Although it might not have a staggering performance boost, but it can help your performance by a bit from your current 3000MHz RAM.

- Motherboard. X570 are optimised for Matisse CPU, so this upgrade may give a good improvement. If you pair it with 3600MHz RAM, it sure can give a little boost. If you want, maybe get a good X470 motherboard with higher VRM capability.

Already on it getting a X-570-F Strixx board with a 360 Coolermaster AIO and a new case Fractal Define 7 should improve the thermals a lot this cpu I know I shouldn't on the stock cooler but pushed it to 4.4GHz all core at 1.25v and it held out barely keeping under thermals so hoping I've got a decent chip that'll push further! 

On 5/6/2020 at 6:08 AM, Chiyawa said:

Also thank you for the response!