Psu modular cables

Nicomyr04

I have just purchased an old 480w psu for a cheap build. After i had bought it, I looked through the pictures and saw that he included modular psu cables. The psu is not modular and it is a full kit of cables in a bag. how do i find out what brand these are for when i want to sell them. The psu is still being shipped to me.

i bought the psu for 15£ plus shipping 15$. on ebay a full kit of modular cables goes for around 40$ wich means i will probably make money on the psu.

11 minutes ago, Nicomyr04 said:

I have just purchased an old 480w psu for a cheap build. After i had bought it, I looked through the pictures and saw that he included modular psu cables. The psu is not modular and it is a full kit of cables in a bag. how do i find out what brand these are for when i want to sell them. The psu is still being shipped to me.

i bought the psu for 15£ plus shipping 15$. on ebay a full kit of modular cables goes for around 40$ wich means i will probably make money on the psu.

Post the pictures here, perhaps someone here will be able to recognize them.

But keep in mind, even if they look like a certain brand of cables, that can of course be a whole different brand who produces similar cables. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Are you sure they're not extension cables? 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Look like Corsair Type4 standard cables, probably from Corsair RMx, RMi or HX.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

22 minutes ago, Juular said:

Look like Corsair Type4 standard cables, probably from Corsair RMx, RMi or HX.

Thank you very much. I will look into it when it arrives.

Nice.  You could sell that for some good money.

BTW:  The PSU you bought is an old piece of garbage.  Hope it doesn't fry your parts.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Nice.  You could sell that for some good money.

BTW:  The PSU you bought is an old piece of garbage.  Hope it doesn't fry your parts.

Yeah i know. The rest of the parts are also really cheap so it was not worth it buying an expensive psu.

Why on earth would someone sell those Corsair type 4 cables with that power supply??

Poor dude who sold it is probably trying to build his new PC with the new RMx he just bought wondering where the heck he put the cables.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450