I own a dell g7 7588 with i7 8750h and gtx 1060 max q . A lot of people are facing problem with this laptop , some regarding thermal throttling other regarding power limit throttling . For thermal throttling you might need to roll back or rest windows if your frequency drops to 800 mhz . Then use throttlestop to reduce max frequency to 2.5 ghz . you might be able to play games smoothly . now the real problem is power limit throttling . here i noticed while gaming with throttlstop off  , my fps dropped and it showed power limit throttling in intel xtu ,so i downloaded hwinfo and monitored both gpu and cpu tdp and then i actually found the real problem with this laptop . IT isn't thermal throttling but the power distribution is equal and quite less then it should be , Both cpu and gpu ran at 30-32 tdp while the rated or required tdp for gpu is 70 tdp and for cpu it is 45 tdp . then i again turned back to throttlestop with 2.5 ghz to check why it ran games so stable .  This was because cpu TDP didnt go beyond 20 giving more power to gpu which ran at 60-70 watts . So my question is how to solve this power problem.