Brief doubt about Ryzen 3500

Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

My understanding is the issue with 6/6 vs 6/12 does not have to do with current consumer software much at all.  It has to do with software yet to be written.  You’re definitely good at least till pre Christmas.  Possibly longer.  Part of the question is what will developers start to come out with when the Xbox series x and the ps5 drop.  At that point an issue may start to develop.  It hasn’t yet though.

My understanding is a 3500 is a lot like a kind of slow intel 9400f except the upgrade path is much much better.

Hi guys! I´m writing from Argentina. I built a new computer for myself and choosed (because of the price and availability) a Ryzen 3500 as my CPU with a B450 Asus mobo. When I buyed it, it costed me 11.100 pesos, wich at that day's change would be arround $130 US Dollars. At that moment, the 3600 was at arround 14.500 pesos, arround $160 - $175. I need the computer for Pro Tools, Office, LoL and light gaming so I accompanied the 3500 with a RX570. I was wondering if I choosed wisely the CPU, because the 3500 has 6cores/6threads and was at the same price as a 2600, but I had seen that the 3rd gen performance at single core was significantly better so I went with it, but now I'm afraid that those 6 threads that I won't be getting will play against me. I'll attach the full parts list on the thread so that you can see the rest of the build.

Thank you very much and take care!

PD: I have 3 HDD on my current system so I only bought a boot SSD NvME.

imagen.thumb.png.9f78ded8d451bd4cb5e17850fde7c29d.png

Great! Thanks. Anyway the prices now in my country just blew up, the peso-dollar conversion was 80 pesos = 1 dollar and now it's like 120 pesos = 1dollar, so it's very much not a great time to buy anything. I had the luck to buy it before quarentene 😁

My understanding is the issue with 6/6 vs 6/12 does not have to do with current consumer software much at all.  It has to do with software yet to be written.  You’re definitely good at least till pre Christmas.  Possibly longer.  Part of the question is what will developers start to come out with when the Xbox series x and the ps5 drop.  At that point an issue may start to develop.  It hasn’t yet though.

My understanding is a 3500 is a lot like a kind of slow intel 9400f except the upgrade path is much much better.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yeah, I think the same. Maybe next year I could save up some money and go for a 4th gen or just get a 3600x-3700 cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Yes, I´ve seen it compared to that CPU but since it's an OEM version it's not very common to see one.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Juanmacaam said:

Yeah, I think the same. Maybe next year I could save up some money and go for a 4th gen or just get a 3600x-3700 cheaper.

Yes, I´ve seen it compared to that CPU but since it's an OEM version it's not very common to see one.

Thank you!

I understand it’s only OEM IN North America and the EU.  It can be purchased commercially in several parts of Asia.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Didn't know that, I bought it here in a PC hardware store that has the lowest (by far) prices on the market, so I tought it was like a weird thing brought from somewhere like Asia, as you said haha. But since the price was exactly what I could afford, I went straight in with it.