Please Help

TheGiant
Go to solution Solved by TheGiant,
On 5/2/2020 at 11:57 PM, TheGiant said:

I don’t know what the problem is but picture on the display is not filling it in. I know it not fixable though the windows resolution thing. I completely reset my computer but that did not fix it ether. Please help. 

image.jpg

In conclusion the problem could not be identified so I bought a new graphics card and it works again. 

I don’t know what the problem is but picture on the display is not filling it in. I know it not fixable though the windows resolution thing. I completely reset my computer but that did not fix it ether. Please help. 

image.jpg

32 minutes ago, TheGiant said:

You'll want to check your graphics driver control panel for overscan settings, and ensure your display (most likely a TV, or a monitor using a TV control board) is set to display in "Full Frame", "Full Pixel", or "Native" mode using the on-screen display settings.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

change your monitor's settings. even tvs have them. my tv has the os sides missing (offscreen) so i found a "fit display" or similsr setting.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

You'll want to check your graphics driver control panel for overscan settings, and ensure your display (most likely a TV, or a monitor using a TV control board) is set to display in "Full Frame", "Full Pixel", or "Native" mode using the on-screen display settings.

Okay thank you I checked the display and it’s not that. Also I checked catalyst control center thing and I can’t find the overscan stuff. I think I am looking in the wrong place. I’m not good at computer stuff so I’m slow, sorry. 

are you using a monitor or tv?  

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

1 hour ago, Snowarch said:

are you using a monitor or tv?  

I’m using a Samsung monitor

oh. never used a monitor before. to get the samsung tv to render right/not have the sizes hanging off, i had to go into picture, picture options, size, and swap 16:9 to screen fit. the pc had to be on while i did this. if that fails, try changing windows's aspect ratio. it may be smaller set than your monitor, based on the small-ness of the box, its 1080p's ratio, when it needs 1440's if i'm right about about your monitor being 1440p.

main rig:

backup

12 hours ago, Snowarch said:

oh. never used a monitor before. to get the samsung tv to render right/not have the sizes hanging off, i had to go into picture, picture options, size, and swap 16:9 to screen fit. the pc had to be on while i did this. if that fails, try changing windows's aspect ratio. it may be smaller set than your monitor, based on the small-ness of the box, its 1080p's ratio, when it needs 1440's if i'm right about about your monitor being 1440p.

See that’s the thing I don’t think it’s the monitor that’s causing the problem. 

see if you can change windows' aspect ratio rather than resolution then? i cannot help as much here due to being on linux os.

since you're using a monitor assume you have a dedicated gpu? check the settings in the driver, see if something looks up, then try igpu if possible, would narrlow it down or show its the os itself instead of the driver.

main rig:

backup

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 11:57 PM, TheGiant said:

image.jpg

In conclusion the problem could not be identified so I bought a new graphics card and it works again.