Upgraded my internet I need help

Fictionvl

Hello LTT, 

so I have upgraded my internet speed to 500Mbps, and now I'm only getting 100Mbps on my PC

I know I should get a new router and I did exactly that, from my modem I have a gigabit router, then from the gigabit router to my PC there is an access point, then from that access point to my PC there's another one, simply here's a diagram

Modem -> Gigabit Router -> Access Point -> Access Point -> PC

now I need to most likely upgrade the access points to get the full speed but here's what I was thinking

Access Point

^

|

Modem -> Gigabit Router -> Gigabit Switch -> Gigabit Router/AP -> PC

the access point coming out of the switch is for Wifi connectivity around the living room area, and the other Gigabit Router/AP is for my PC and wifi connectivity in my room. 

does this sound good? if you have any switch/AP recommendations please do let me know

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

3 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

does this sound good? if you have any switch/AP recommendations please do let me know

What are the makes/models of network devices from modem to access points?

What kind of ethernet are you running from modem all the way down the chain to the access points?

26 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

What are the makes/models of network devices from modem to access points?

What kind of ethernet are you running from modem all the way down the chain to the access points?

Currently I'm running 

D-Link DIR-853 as the router which my ISP provided.

the APs are netgear R6120 in AP mode 

cabls are Starlink Cat6e cables

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

44 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

Currently I'm running 

D-Link DIR-853 as the router which my ISP provided.

the APs are netgear R6120 in AP mode 

cabls are Starlink Cat6e cables

Is that access point connection to the next access point via ethernet or a wireless bridge?

The LAN and WAN ports on the Netgear R6120 are all 10/100Mbps. As a result, they will never allow you to reach 500Mbps on either wired or wireless clients even if you have CAT6e running between them. You need access points with gigabit ports.

As for suggestions on access points, what is your budget? Also, why do you plan on adding another gigabit switch into the existing network?

28 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Is that access point connection to the next access point via ethernet or a wireless bridge?

The LAN and WAN ports on the Netgear R6120 are all 10/100Mbps. As a result, they will never allow you to reach 500Mbps on either wired or wireless clients even if you have CAT6e running between them. You need access points with gigabit ports.

As for suggestions on access points, what is your budget? Also, why do you plan on adding another gigabit switch into the existing network?

All of them are connected via ethernet cables, 

I'm using the switch because I dont have to use the existing AP 10/100 ports so I'll get the gigabit switch and then add another gigabit AP, my budget is about 150$ which is roughly 500 AED in my country's currency, please use Amazon.ae 

thank you very much

2 hours ago, Fictionvl said:

All of them are connected via ethernet cables, 

I'm using the switch because I dont have to use the existing AP 10/100 ports so I'll get the gigabit switch and then add another gigabit AP, my budget is about 150$ which is roughly 500 AED in my country's currency, please use Amazon.ae 

thank you very much

You can save money by not getting a gigabit switch at all and just run ethernet from the router to the access points directly. The router you listed has 10/100/1000Mbps ports on both the WAN and LAN.

So you’re planning on just upgrading 1 of the APs for now? If so, anything that fits your budget from a known brand should suffice since you’re going to use it in AP mode anyway. Look for dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz support), wireless-AC support, MU-MIMO and gigabit network ports. A Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite would be perfect (not exceeding your budget), but it doesn’t have a secondary port to attach wired clients.