SkyDrive changing it's name to OneDrive...

Eddyall

So I received an email telling me that Microsoft was launching OneDrive, "a new cloud storage system!"

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/?WT.mc_id=RM_Welcome_Launch_LearnMore021914

But after reading on the website it just seem like they change the name for no good reason.

Why, because SkyDrive implies that you have a HDD in the sky that every device can connect to while OneDrive would suggest that you have a drive sync across your machine.

But the good news is that you can get more space for free  <_<

Edit: well found out the change of name is old new, maybe the extra free data isn't but it beginning to happen anyway.

Also the reason is so stupid:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/107594-microsoft-renames-skydrive-to-onedrive/?hl=onedrive

It was changed because of BSkyB taking them to court I think :D

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

It was changed because of BSkyB taking them to court I think :D

Yup search after posting, someone already posted the news about the change of name and it's again because of a company using generic word in their name.

First you're old news because it's already mention by me in two places.

Second the old news mention only the change of name but mine also state the fact that Microsoft is rolling out the update.

Read to first post people not just the title.

First you're old news because it's already mention by me in two places.

Second the old news mention only the change of name my also state the fact that Microsoft is rolling out the update.

Read to first post people not just the title.

Yes, I did read the post, but when I opened the page you hadn't edited it. The 2nd post that you made I personally didn't feel was very clear (it looked to me like you meant elsewhere on the web), so I posted it for clarification with the link. This thread will probably be locked soon anyway.

HTTP/2 203

Thank you for contributing to the Tech News and Reviews section of the forum.

Sadly I will have to lock this topic as it is a re-post.

Next time please use the search function before you make a post to avoid this in the future.

Personally I also sort the topic by Start Date and manual search a few pages back just to double check.

Additionally you cal also use Google to search the forum by searching "linustechtips.com" (including quotation marks) plus your own search words.

Here you will find the original forum post about this topic:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/107594-microsoft-renames-skydrive-to-onedrive/

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<