Only 1 ram lights up at a time works?

I know that each RAM stick works cause when I put one in at a time it lights up, but that same stick when I put the other in won't turn on. And I know it isn't the DIMM slot of my motherboard because this has happened in each slot. So the RAM sticks get power in each slot, and each one lights up individually, but when you put them together one doesn't light up. My board is an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero by the way, and the 2 RAM sticks are Trydent Z RGB sticks 2x8GB. Any help? :(

1 minute ago, IKEELUFIRST said:

I know that each RAM stick works cause when I put one in at a time it lights up, but that same stick when I put the other in won't turn on. And I know it isn't the DIMM slot of my motherboard because this has happened in each slot. So the RAM sticks get power in each slot, and each one lights up individually, but when you put them together one doesn't light up. My board is an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero by the way, and the 2 RAM sticks are Trydent Z RGB sticks 2x8GB. Any help? :(

Did you check task manager and see how much is detected when both sticks are in? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Did you check task manager and see how much is detected when both sticks are in? 

Right now the case is just sitting on the table, I haven't booted it to a screen yet. I was just replacing the RAM sticks and noticed one wasn't lighting up each time when both were in, so then I went in to trouble-shooting and that didn't really help, it should be working.

4 minutes ago, IKEELUFIRST said:

Right now the case is just sitting on the table, I haven't booted it to a screen yet. I was just replacing the RAM sticks and noticed one wasn't lighting up each time when both were in, so then I went in to trouble-shooting and that didn't really help, it should be working.

First try booting and getting into task manager and seeing the ram detected, then get worried if something wrong is happening. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

1 hour ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

First try booting and getting into task manager and seeing the ram detected, then get worried if something wrong is happening. 

I tried just wiggling my cooler and that worked lol! Now everything lights up and is detected. So it was the memory controller in the CPU wasn't fitted properly I guess?

8 minutes ago, IKEELUFIRST said:

I tried just wiggling my cooler and that worked lol! Now everything lights up and is detected. So it was the memory controller in the CPU wasn't fitted properly I guess?

I'm not sure, but good thing its fixed.