Build vs prebuilt.

Title.

Seeing as covid-19 is making it impossible for me to get any pc components in a reasonable time frame I was wondering if this computer at staples was worth the cost.

https://www.staples.ca/products/2964361-en-acer-nitro-50-dge1faa001-standard-desktop-computer-34-ghz-amd-ryzen-5-3500-1-tb-ssd-8-gb-ddr4-windows-10

The total would be $980 Canadian. Only reason I am going with this one is because they had it in stock. It's not amazing by any means but its something I could have in my hands now vs who knows when. 

Is it worth it? Is it horribly overpriced? Looking for opinions. 

8 minutes ago, Haxxxalot said:

Title.

Seeing as covid-19 is making it impossible for me to get any pc components in a reasonable time frame I was wondering if this computer at staples was worth the cost.

https://www.staples.ca/products/2964361-en-acer-nitro-50-dge1faa001-standard-desktop-computer-34-ghz-amd-ryzen-5-3500-1-tb-ssd-8-gb-ddr4-windows-10

The total would be $980 Canadian. Only reason I am going with this one is because they had it in stock. It's not amazing by any means but its something I could have in my hands now vs who knows when. 

Is it worth it? Is it horribly overpriced? Looking for opinions. 

You can get a 5700xt and ryzen 5 3600 build for that price. So yeah it's overpriced.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Look for companies that can put together a system of your spec.  They may have parts in hand, have better supply lines to remain open.  It will take a few weeks to get rather than a few days, perhaps, but you will always get a better system.