LGA 775 cpu with slat

Are there any LGA 775 cpus that support slat?

This first result says that every i3, i5, and i7 supports SLAT.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1401.hyper-v-list-of-slat-capable-cpus-for-hosts.aspx

Highly doubt C2Ds do, and they are so slow nowadays there isn't really a point to use them.

EDIT: This Tom's Hardware thread says that it was introduced  with the Core i3/5/7 CPUs, so you will need one of those or a newer AMD chip

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-e7400-cpu-upgrade-to-slat-second-level-address-translation.186192/post-3024927

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

This first result says that every i3, i5, and i7 supports SLAT.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1401.hyper-v-list-of-slat-capable-cpus-for-hosts.aspx

Highly doubt C2Ds do, and they are so slow nowadays there isn't really a point to use them.

EDIT: This Tom's Hardware thread says that it was introduced  with the Core i3/5/7 CPUs, so you will need one of those or a newer AMD chip

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-e7400-cpu-upgrade-to-slat-second-level-address-translation.186192/post-3024927

so only with these i can run windows sandbox, what vms can i run with xeon L520?

1 minute ago, MixaMega said:

so only with these i can run windows sandbox, what vms can i run with xeon L520?

There is no Xeon L520, but regardless of compatability you aren't going to be running VMs on an LGA 775/771 system.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

There is no Xeon L520, but regardless of compatability you aren't going to be running VMs on an LGA 775/771 system.

ah i meant L5420 but can i run any?

Just now, MixaMega said:

ah i meant L5420 but can i run any?

Can you? Yeah, probably.

Will it run well, be stable, or hell even be useable? No.

If you are planning to use it as a server, just get a used LGA 1366 prebuilt and slap in some new drives or something.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If you are planning to use it as a server, just get a used LGA 1366 prebuilt and slap in some new drives or something

LGA 1366 servers from Dell or HP are often pretty cheap on the used market, and you'd struggle to find a server board that doesn't support up to 6 cores. Def better than 771/775.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

LGA 1366 servers from Dell or HP are often pretty cheap on the used market, and you'd struggle to find a server board that doesn't support up to 6 cores. Def better than 771/775.

Yeah, by prebuilt I meant like a tower server or whatever, not a consumer grade system but not rack mount or whatever.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

but not rack mount or whatever.

unless you're cool with leaning it against a wall

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad