AMD RYZEN 7 3700X work with Asus prime B350 M-A ?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, Fahad ALme said:

so for my mobo 3600 is better than 3700x  , 3600 little \ short risks ?

Yes

Hey

i have this mobo

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/

and i want buy AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 

i know have to update bios but haven't idea about vram or whatever

a simple question : do it work without problems ?

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

Hey

i have this mobo

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/

and i want buy AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 

a simple question : do it work without problems ?

That board probably doesn't have enough power delivery for a 3700X sadly. It's possible you could make it work with stick on heatsinks and a small extra fan or something, but I would recommend just getting a new board- anything tier C or above here will be fine:

1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

That board probably doesn't have enough power delivery for a 3700X sadly. It's possible you could make it work with stick on heatsinks and a small extra fan or something, but I would recommend just getting a new board- anything tier C or above here will be fine:

ok if i want buy 2070super with my 1600 oc`d to 3.8

do i will have bottleneck ( dual monitor x1 1080p 144hz and 1080p 60hz )

2020-05-01 03_57_19-Window.png

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

7 minutes ago, Fahad ALme said:

with an uncovered VRM (so no heat sink on the motherboard), it's not really going to allow an 8 core to stretch its legs.

For that board, a Ryzen 5 3600 would be nice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

with an uncovered VRM (so no heat sink on the motherboard), it's not really going to allow an 8 core to stretch its legs.

i'll ask you same question above

2070s  will have bottleneck with my 1600 and oc`d to 3.8

1080p 144hz + 1080p60 dual monitors

i'll ask you same question above

2070s  will have bottleneck with my 1600 and oc`d to 3.8

1080p 144hz + 1080p60 dual monitors

depends on the games. Though, a 2070 is really overkill for 1080p.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

depends on the games. Though, a 2070 is really overkill for 1080p.

league of legends + overwatch + wow + heartstone + dead by daylight + BFV + diablo + rocket league

i guess 2060s is fine but will give me 144hz max settings ?

league of legends + overwatch + wow + heartstone + dead by daylight + BFV + diablo + rocket league

i guess 2060s is fine but will give me 144hz max settings ?

I'm not sure if overwatch and battlefield 5 will reach consistent 144fps with that CPU, but those games will benefit from the extra horsepower of the 2070.

Wow, hearthstone, rocket league, league of legends, all super easy to run at high refresh rates.

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

I'm not sure if overwatch and battlefield 5 will reach consistent 144fps with that CPU, but those games will benefit from the extra horsepower of the 2070.

Wow, hearthstone, rocket league, league of legends, all super easy to run at high refresh rates.

really i asked in discord server they told me : it can run fine  just don't overclock it

really i asked in discord server they told me : it can run fine  just don't overclock it

you said you already have an overclock so I guess it's a little too late for that

but if you have never checked your VRM temperatures, you might be overheating your motherboard.

Primary PC:

you said you already have an overclock so I guess it's a little too late for that

but if you have never checked your VRM temperatures, you might be overheating your motherboard.

they said just don't overclock it about the 7 3700x  when i upgrade so they mean will work but do not OC it

but my Ryzen 1600 this cpu is OC

they said when you upgrade to 7 3700x do not overclock 

idk where the VRM temp

2020-05-01 04_20_40-Window.png

Just now, Fahad ALme said:

they said just don't overclock it about the 7 3700x  when i upgrade so they mean will work but do not OC

It will work. But, it will probably power throttle, and you will get lower clock speeds even without changing clock speeds yourself. Or, the motherboard will run very hot, and potentially give out sooner.

Do you need 8 cores for a specific task?

Primary PC:

It will work. But, it will probably power throttle, and you will get lower clock speeds even without changing clock speeds yourself. Or, the motherboard will run very hot, and potentially give out sooner.

Do you need 8 cores for a specific task?

gamer + editing adobe team photoship Pp + streaming + starting coding python and HTML using Visual Studio Code

tried to stream at twitch and  discord same time 

but looks can't

plus that 1600 is slow and since 2017 i think time to upgrade

Edit - i see big fps 1600 vs 3600 but want more cores looks 3600 should buy

Just now, Fahad ALme said:

gamer + editing adobe team photoship Pp + streaming + starting coding python and HTML using Visual Studio Code

tried to stream at twitch and  discord same time 

but looks can't

plus that 1600 is slow and since 2017 i think time to upgrade

You can stream with nvenc off the GPU, and the Ryzen 5 3600 is a pretty large upgrade over the 1600 anyway

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You can stream with nvenc off the GPU, and the Ryzen 5 3600 is a pretty large upgrade over the 1600 anyway

Yes

Primary PC:

Yes

Thank you very much , solved