Any reasons against me getting a ASRock X570 STEEL LEGEND WIFI AX AM4

I am building a new machine, and I am a bit out of the loop. I will have a AMD RYZEN 7 3700X, starting with 2 x 16GB DDR4, maybe going to 4 x 16GB

All I need is 2 M.2 slots that do NVMe, a x16 slot for a GPU and another spare slot of some kind for a 10G SFP+ NIC. The on board LAN must be Intel, and it must have Bluetooth. I have a few ASRock boards in the house and they seem to be alright with no annoying things going on

This ASRock board seems to fit the bill at $190 - ASRock X570 STEEL LEGEND WIFI AX AM4

Any reasons against it? I won't be doing much if any overclocking. I don't see anything that jumps out that might cause me to want to get a $300+ board.

My only concern is the small fan on there, but It looks like they pretty all have the fans

yes you do not need PCEI 4.0 which is the point of X570 get an MSI MAX B450 board instead

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Is PCIE 4.0 something that will come in handy in the future for GPU performance? I plan on keeping the system a long time

Can't get away from the fan on X570 unfortunately, at least not without going for a mobo hundreds of dollars more than your current one. An unfortunate consequence of including PCIe 4.0 (too early for the consumer space imo, but whatever). Good news is it's generally not very loud.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, Pancake said:

Is PCIE 4.0 something that will come in handy in the future for GPU performance? I plan on keeping the system a long time

I mean kinda of, things will porbaly make more sense when the next gen of GPU's come out. For now save the money

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Thanks guys, I would easily deal with the lack of 4.0 to drop the fan. That fan won't last!

Looks like the GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI fits the bill

4 minutes ago, Pancake said:

Looks like the GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI fits the bill

nope, not a great board.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

nope, not a great board.

Whats the reason its not great?

3 minutes ago, Pancake said:

Whats the reason its not great?

it's god bad vrm design, so it can't deliver the required power. it's ok for a r5 3600, but not for a 3700x.

decent options for you are

MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC - $160

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) - $190 - this is what I'd recommend.

That's with USA availability. if you're somewhere else in the world, let me know. there are some good cheaper board with one you need available elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, Pancake said:

ASRock X570 STEEL LEGEND WIFI AX AM4

this one doesn't have 2 m.2 slots by the way

That MSI board then I think seems best, ill put that on my sheet

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Pancake said:

I am building a new machine, and I am a bit out of the loop. I will have a AMD RYZEN 7 3700X, starting with 2 x 16GB DDR4, maybe going to 4 x 16GB

All I need is 2 M.2 slots that do NVMe, a x16 slot for a GPU and another spare slot of some kind for a 10G SFP+ NIC. The on board LAN must be Intel, and it must have Bluetooth. I have a few ASRock boards in the house and they seem to be alright with no annoying things going on

This ASRock board seems to fit the bill at $190 - ASRock X570 STEEL LEGEND WIFI AX AM4

Any reasons against it? I won't be doing much if any overclocking. I don't see anything that jumps out that might cause me to want to get a $300+ board.

My only concern is the small fan on there, but It looks like they pretty all have the fans

I believe ASrock X570 Steel Legend is a Great Motherboard. 10 Powers stages VRM, precise and performant passive cooling system, and the introduction for the first time ever of the Thunderbolt 3.0 standard on an AMD motherboard, the Steel Legend simply out-features anything else in its price-range. And it does so keeping one of the industry highest manufacturing standard and deliciously affordable!

The asrock was the most table board I have seen!

46 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it's god bad vrm design, so it can't deliver the required power. it's ok for a r5 3600, but not for a 3700x.

decent options for you are

MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC - $160

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) - $190 - this is what I'd recommend.

That's with USA availability. if you're somewhere else in the world, let me know. there are some good cheaper board with one you need available elsewhere.

What about the MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi? Would you recommend that board for a 3700x?

3 minutes ago, LordAbolition said:

What about the MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi? Would you recommend that board for a 3700x?

no, again, bad vrms. 

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

no, again, bad vrms. 

But it has a tiny little fan 😞 

3 minutes ago, LordAbolition said:

But it has a tiny little fan 😞 

not over the vrms.