5700 xt issues? HELP

rainey

These are my PC specs.

So after upgrading to the 5700 xt from my 570 I've noticed only a slight different in FPS in games. maybe at most I'm getting 5-10% more fps. Is this about right or should I be expecting way more? I would assume the 5700 xt would be quite a bigger jump from the 570.

Are you playin in 1080p?

Because if you are, your cpu might be a bottleneck, you can check it by logging your cpu & gpu usage during gameplay. And if you do that, you should at the same time log your temperatures also, just in case that the card or cpu isn't thermal throttling.

MSI Afterburner is in my opinion easiest program to use for the job, but hwmonitor is more popular nowdays.

40 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Are you playin in 1080p?

Because if you are, your cpu might be a bottleneck

Even if gaming in 1440p, it probably won't keep up. If it was the AF version, maybe it could, but not a regular 1st Gen Ryzen.

As an upside, he really only needs a Ryzen 3 3300x to keep up, and that should be right around $120. Heck, even a 3100 should be able to cream what he has now for $100. (his motherboard will definitely be compatible, and have a BIOS update to better support those chips)

Honestly, I 100% would've gone for a 3300X over this 3600 if the chip had been out when I started the build. Faster single core performance, and still excellent number of threads available. It's definitely going to be the new budget king.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

9 hours ago, Gaires said:

Are you playin in 1080p?

Because if you are, your cpu might be a bottleneck, you can check it by logging your cpu & gpu usage during gameplay. And if you do that, you should at the same time log your temperatures also, just in case that the card or cpu isn't thermal throttling.

MSI Afterburner is in my opinion easiest program to use for the job, but hwmonitor is more popular nowdays.

In modern warfare my gpu hits 99-100% usage and my cpu says at around 53-60% usage. My gpu is going up to around 70 C. I am playing at 1080p yes

3 hours ago, rainey said:

In modern warfare my gpu hits 99-100% usage and my cpu says at around 53-60% usage. My gpu is going up to around 70 C. I am playing at 1080p yes

Was your GPU clock speed around 2000mhz?

Are you using latest drivers?

If you are, have you tried to use DDU to unistall your driviers and install them again.

32 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Was your GPU clock speed around 2000mhz?

Are you using latest drivers?

If you are, have you tried to use DDU to unistall your driviers and install them again.

http://prntscr.com/s8u3nw

My gpu's clock speed is at 1755 and I am using the latest drivers. I did also use DDU to uninstall my drivers and reinstall them again

1 minute ago, rainey said:

http://prntscr.com/s8u3nw

My gpu's clock speed is at 1755 and I am using the latest drivers. I did also use DDU to uninstall my drivers and reinstall them again

I meant while gaming, if your GPU hits certain temperature it will start to throttle itself down.

If it's not the thermals, then I can't help you more.

3 minutes ago, Gaires said:

I meant while gaming, if your GPU hits certain temperature it will start to throttle itself down.

If it's not the thermals, then I can't help you more.

http://prntscr.com/s8u9ml

The gpu seems to remain at around 700-1000 Mhz clock speed and the temps are not going up, it also goes up to like 84% (it also says 84% is like 1200 Mhz) back down to 7% randomly, I'm testing minecraft with shaders maxed out other than Cod this time.. Isn't my clock speed supposed to be way higher? I'm really confused 

1 minute ago, rainey said:

http://prntscr.com/s8u9ml

The gpu seems to remain at around 700-1000 Mhz clock speed and the temps are not going up, it also goes up to like 84% (it also says 84% is like 1200 Mhz) back down to 7% randomly, I'm testing minecraft with shaders maxed out other than Cod this time.. Isn't my clock speed supposed to be way higher? I'm really confused 

They should, but the drivers aren't the best for seeing the possible problems.

If you can use a MSI afterburner, there's an option to log your gameplay info which would tell you a lot more. As you would be able to see the clockspeed, utilization for both GPU and CPU and you would be able to see thermals.

Afterburner 2.png

1 hour ago, Gaires said:

They should, but the drivers aren't the best for seeing the possible problems.

If you can use a MSI afterburner, there's an option to log your gameplay info which would tell you a lot more. As you would be able to see the clockspeed, utilization for both GPU and CPU and you would be able to see thermals.

Afterburner 2.png

I’ll do so as soon as I get off work . Thanks