Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mr. Sloth

Letgomyleghoe.
 Share

@The Flying Sloth and anybody else

I need an audio interface that can push 100mv into 250 ohms with a good dac under $200

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

 

AMD blackout rig

 

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What headphones are you planning on using?
I know the designers of the Scarlett 2i2 have previously said 250ohm is the upper end of what their headphone amp will support but I wouldn't be able to tell you what voltage that is at. I'm currently using the UMC1820 and never really put my headphone volume knob above 20% but my daily drivers are the M20x and they're not hard at all to power.

Sloth

Sloth's the name, audio gear is the game
My Microphone and Interface tips and recommendations

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Flying Sloth said:

What headphones are you planning on using?
I know the designers of the Scarlett 2i2 have previously said 250ohm is the upper end of what their headphone amp will support but I wouldn't be able to tell you what voltage that is at. I'm currently using the UMC1820 and never really put my headphone volume knob above 20% but my daily drivers are the M20x and they're not hard at all to power.

Sloth

990 pro

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

 

AMD blackout rig

 

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Gundar said:

990 pro

Any of the Focusrite Scarlett stuff with dedicated headphone amp definitely has enough power for those, get whichever model has the IO you need.
I wish I had a pair laying around to test so I knew the Behringer stuff could power it so I just can't guarantee that though I would highly suspect they could (Behringer support say they can so heck, I'd trust them). The HA series of rack mount headphone amplifiers have been known to power 8 250 ohm beyer sets at the same time to levels that could almost deafen the listener, food for thought.

Hope that helped a bit.
Sloth

Sloth's the name, audio gear is the game
My Microphone and Interface tips and recommendations

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gundar said:

990 pro

990 Pro are super easy to drive with almost anything. They are a bit quiet for my taste on onboard interfaces (Macbook and Lenovo laptops, iPhone 6s), but even with cheap Fulla 2 DAC if you go over 50% of the volume, you will go deaf.

This is from my experience since I own the same headphones.

 

34 minutes ago, Gundar said:

I need an audio interface that can push 100mv into 250 ohms with a good dac under $200

I am also curious, where did you get that 100mV value and why do you need it?

Most manufacturers will specify RMS power output and impedance handling, but not voltage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Niksa said:

990 Pro are super easy to drive with almost anything. They are a bit quiet for my taste on onboard interfaces (Macbook and Lenovo laptops, iPhone 6s), but even with cheap Fulla 2 DAC if you go over 50% of the volume, you will go deaf.

This is from my experience since I own the same headphones.

 

I am also curious, where did you get that 100mV value and why do you need it?

Most manufacturers will specify RMS power output and impedance handling, but not voltage.

I dunno either now that I think about it

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

 

AMD blackout rig

 

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×