PC boot weirdly

paih

So yesterday i put my PC to sleep and when i want to wake it up the next day..it wont..nothing happened when i move the mouse and press the keyboard even push the power button..giving up i flip the power switch..turn off everything and do a PC no boot troubleshooting.

I tried to turn on my PC after simply reset the CMOS but no result so i reseat everything including the CPU . nothing worked out so i just left my PC off for a day..The next day my PC still wont turn on..so then i gave up i pushed the power button and just left the PC..after around 20 minutes the PC turned on! the thing is my PC boot to windows just like it would wake up from sleep mode which is the program is still running where i left them. So any thoughts on this?

26 minutes ago, paih said:

So yesterday i put my PC to sleep and when i want to wake it up the next day..it wont..nothing happened when i move the mouse and press the keyboard even push the power button..giving up i flip the power switch..turn off everything and do a PC no boot troubleshooting.

I tried to turn on my PC after simply reset the CMOS but no result so i reseat everything including the CPU . nothing worked out so i just left my PC off for a day..The next day my PC still wont turn on..so then i gave up i pushed the power button and just left the PC..after around 20 minutes the PC turned on! the thing is my PC boot to windows just like it would wake up from sleep mode which is the program is still running where i left them. So any thoughts on this?

First, welcome to the forum! That is weird. What are your specs, how much have you been using it (Have you overclocked?), etc. because it could be A) thermal B) something else

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

13 hours ago, wall03 said:

First, welcome to the forum! That is weird. What are your specs, how much have you been using it (Have you overclocked?), etc. because it could be A) thermal B) something else

Thanks for replying!

This is my spec
AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
8gb ddr4 ram single channel
Nvidia Gtx 1660ti
ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 (AM4)
111GB GAMER V (SATA (SSD))
931GB Seagate HDD (SATA)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

my pc just 8 month old and i never tried any overclocking.my pc works well before this no bsod whatsoever

9 hours ago, paih said:

Thanks for replying!

This is my spec
AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
8gb ddr4 ram single channel
Nvidia Gtx 1660ti
ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 (AM4)
111GB GAMER V (SATA (SSD))
931GB Seagate HDD (SATA)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

my pc just 8 month old and i never tried any overclocking.my pc works well before this no bsod whatsoever

That is really weird. I can't think of anything here. SOrry :(

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

The PC booting up just like it was in sleep mode is a cool feature called hybernation where it saves your ram data to disk in case of a power failure. Did the PC do absolutely nothing when you tried to power it on? In that case it might be a power / PSU issue. I had this once where my PC sudenly wouldn't boot anymore, after I switched the power strip everything worked fine again. I saw you didn't specifiy your PSU in the build but this is the most important component of your PC as it converts the dangourus and noisy power from your home powerlines to sable DC power. Which can be used by the VRM's on your motherboard. It is absolutely cricitcal that you pick a very well made power supply by a reputible manufacturer and with a long lasting warrenty (I'd say at least 5 years standard, mine has 7 standard). If a PSU fails, in the best case it will go down quietly and won't blow up your other parts but in the worst case it can burn down your house. The way I see it a PSU is safetyequipment and should be handled as such.

2 hours ago, 07_Sev said:

The PC booting up just like it was in sleep mode is a cool feature called hybernation where it saves your ram data to disk in case of a power failure. Did the PC do absolutely nothing when you tried to power it on? In that case it might be a power / PSU issue. I had this once where my PC sudenly wouldn't boot anymore, after I switched the power strip everything worked fine again. I saw you didn't specifiy your PSU in the build but this is the most important component of your PC as it converts the dangourus and noisy power from your home powerlines to sable DC power. Which can be used by the VRM's on your motherboard. It is absolutely cricitcal that you pick a very well made power supply by a reputible manufacturer and with a long lasting warrenty (I'd say at least 5 years standard, mine has 7 standard). If a PSU fails, in the best case it will go down quietly and won't blow up your other parts but in the worst case it can burn down your house. The way I see it a PSU is safetyequipment and should be handled as such.

oh i forgot to list my psu..its fsp hyper k 500w 80+ bronze..yeah it does absolutely nothing when i tried to power it on..thanks for this i'll try to switch my power strip and will update soon

On 4/30/2020 at 7:53 PM, 07_Sev said:

Bro ! Thank you so much..turns out that my power strip is failing.Switching the power strip is the solution i needed..thank you very much