Upgrading my mouse

MeraliFeisal

So right now I am using a mouse that was included in this combo pack: https://redragonusa.com/products/combos/S107/104. I don't use the keyboard since I upgraded it, but I am looking to upgrade my mouse. I'm hoping for a wireless gaming mouse since I play a ton of games such as League of Legends and various FPS games. I'm not sure which to upgrade to since it's my first time purchasing a mouse of this caliber. I'm hoping to spend around $75, but I am open to going over it if the value is there. Any suggestions are very welcomed.

Wireless gaming mice are getting really good now, I would have got one if I hadn’t have just bought one a few months before they did.

The most important thing behind good build and component quality is weight.

Dont get sucked into DPI marketing etc, buy on build quality and weight, a heavy mouse in the wrong hands is a recipe for disaster!

Also getting a mouse good for your grip type can help too.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I'm right handed and have average size hands if that helps

1 hour ago, MeraliFeisal said:

So right now I am using a mouse that was included in this combo pack: https://redragonusa.com/products/combos/S107/104. I don't use the keyboard since I upgraded it, but I am looking to upgrade my mouse. I'm hoping for a wireless gaming mouse since I play a ton of games such as League of Legends and various FPS games. I'm not sure which to upgrade to since it's my first time purchasing a mouse of this caliber. I'm hoping to spend around $75, but I am open to going over it if the value is there. Any suggestions are very welcomed.

Well mice for FPS and LoL are completely different ;) for LoL I’d say get a mouse with a lot of buttons on the side for all of the abilities you get for an FPS I’d get a lightweight mouse with a couple of side buttons + maybe a sniper. I’ve just went to a MM711 for pretty much just FPS and it’s been good for me so far.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

which game do you prioritize? do you prefer having your abilities on the keyboard or on the mouse? 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

6 minutes ago, Oswin said:

which game do you prioritize? do you prefer having your abilities on the keyboard or on the mouse? 

I prefer using my abilities on my keyboard. I mostly play LoL.

5 minutes ago, MeraliFeisal said:

I prefer using my abilities on my keyboard. I mostly play LoL.

the G 305 should be a solid choice, it still uses regular AA.

you can also try the G604 (this is the only mouse targeted for moba's) or the razer basilisk x hyperspeed, both of these have bluetooth but they are bigger, still operates on regular AA.

if you want something rechargeable go with the G703, though this is over your budget 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, Oswin said:

you can also try the G604 (this is the only mouse targeted for moba's) or the razer basilisk x hyperspeed, both of these have bluetooth but they are bigger, still operates on regular AA.

if you want something rechargeable go with the G703, though this is over your budget 

Wouldn’t go wireless they’ve gotten better but they’re still kinda annoying 

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Wouldn’t go wireless they’ve gotten better but they’re still kinda annoying 

he did state that he would hope for a wireless mouse. a wireless user myself and i don't see anything annoying about it. other than the price that is

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

4 minutes ago, Oswin said:

he did state that he would hope for a wireless mouse. a wireless user myself and i don't see anything annoying about it. other than the price that is

I have a wireless mouse and it’s been nothing but annoying, I bought it to replace my cheaper Steelseries mouse and ended up swapping back to the old mouse and replacing it again with the MM711

Just now, Lord Vile said:

I have a wireless mouse and it’s been nothing but annoying, I bought it to replace my cheaper Steelseries mouse and ended up swapping back to the old mouse and replacing it again with the MM711

what happened to it? may i ask what model? 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

10 minutes ago, Oswin said:

what happened to it? may i ask what model? 

Corsair Dark Core, battery life is abysmal even though if you leave it sat for any period of time it sleeps and every so often with no pattern you get this weird thing where your mouse shoots off at a billion miles an hour straight up for like 1/10 of a second. No reason or anything and there’s not even a pattern, I could not do it at all one day and do it 5 times in an hour the next. Updated software, tried to see if there’s any settings to change and nope, just annoying. Shame cos the mouse feels nice and I like the scoops for your fingers and thumb. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Corsair Dark Core, battery life is abysmal even though if you leave it sat for any period of time it sleeps and every so often with no pattern you get this weird thing where your mouse shoots off at a billion miles an hour straight up for like 1/10 of a second. No reason or anything and there’s not even a pattern, I could not do it at all one day and do it 5 times in an hour the next. Updated software, tried to see if there’s any settings to change and nope, just annoying. Shame cos the mouse feels nice and I like the scoops for your fingers and thumb. 

never tried a corsair mouse personally, mostly because i'd never recommend them in the first place. idk where to start really, probably starting off with the software that everyone complains about, and i have heard that they have abysmal battery life, corsair never had a reputation for making good wireless mice anyway. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

12 minutes ago, Oswin said:

never tried a corsair mouse personally, mostly because i'd never recommend them in the first place. idk where to start really, probably starting off with the software that everyone complains about, and i have heard that they have abysmal battery life, corsair never had a reputation for making good wireless mice anyway. 

Honestly think it shooting off is something to do with the wireless itself losing connection but dunno a wired mouse is just a safer bet, would like to try the mousepad charging ones but they’re ok the pricey end 

5 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Honestly think it shooting off is something to do with the wireless itself losing connection but dunno a wired mouse is just a safer bet, would like to try the mousepad charging ones but they’re ok the pricey end 

never experienced a lost connection with my mice before, even my cheap "office" mouse never had such problems. Logitech wireless is something, (not trying to promote logitech products) but from my experience, they are as good as they say it is.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, Oswin said:

never experienced a lost connection with my mice before, even my cheap "office" mouse never had such problems. Logitech wireless is something, (not trying to promote logitech products) but from my experience, they are as good as they say it is.

I don’t mean lose lose connection but jurt a blip for it not to know where it is. 

12 hours ago, Oswin said:

I was thinking about going with the razer basilisk x hyperspeed because it looked like it had a more appealing fit in my hand, but I didn't know about the G604. I might have to give that one a look as well. Thanks for the suggestions!