Laptop doesn't boot up after installing a new Windows 10 installation on primary partition.

Vendetta3
Go to solution Solved by Vendetta3,
On 4/28/2020 at 10:37 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Without a 2nd system, there isn't anything you can do about the data.

I'd still pull the hard drive, pull the battery, give it 5 minutes, plug battery back in, and see if you can boot the system, at least to the BIOS screen (still with the hard drive removed) because if you can't, then there is a hardware failure somewhere in the laptop.

Omg... forgot to update, sry about that.

turns out there is something wrong with the battery. I was told that the battery is full, and didn't consider that possibility. The system works perfectly fine now, thank you, and sorry for the hassle.

So umm, my sister had this Lenovo T410 that she wanted to format. Everything was smooth til it asked me where I want to install it. I decided that I want to download it on the primary partition without deleting anything, thinking that it would keep the rest of the files. After a couple of seconds after choosing the partition, the laptop turned off, and is not turning back on. When I try to power it on, it doesn't even boot into windows, it just turns on for about two seconds and then shuts off (so no access to BIOS or boot menu).

I know that I did an oopsie, but how can I fix it? Also, the files weren't important (thus my adventurous actions), I just want a clean install..

13 minutes ago, Vendetta3 said:

I just want a clean install..

Pull the hard drive, add as slave to another system, back up data.

Wipe drive, re-install to laptop,

try again

report back

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

23 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pull the hard drive, add as slave to another system, back up data.

Wipe drive, re-install to laptop,

try again

report back

No other suitable system unfortunately. Thanks for the help tho

1 hour ago, Vendetta3 said:

No other suitable system unfortunately. Thanks for the help tho

I'd still pull the hard drive, pull the battery, give it 5 minutes, plug battery back in, and see if you can boot the system, at least to the BIOS screen (still with the hard drive removed) because if you can't, then there is a hardware failure somewhere in the laptop.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 4/28/2020 at 10:37 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Omg... forgot to update, sry about that.

turns out there is something wrong with the battery. I was told that the battery is full, and didn't consider that possibility. The system works perfectly fine now, thank you, and sorry for the hassle.