My friend ran into trouble with his first build. Need some help.

Seethrepio

I helped him build it over the phone, when he plugs in the power supply And turns in the power button only the rgb on the mother board turns on. The fans aren’t spinning the graphics card rgb isn’t on not even the fan on the power supply. Is there anything that could be causing this?

934541D1-67F8-4C1F-A869-C4B6C95D5B94.png

2 minutes ago, Seethrepio said:

I helped him build it over the phone, when he plugs in the power supply And turns in the power button only the rgb on the mother board turns on. The fans aren’t spinning the graphics card rgb isn’t on not even the fan on the power supply. Is there anything that could be causing this?

There is a lot that could be going wrong. I would start off with checking all PSU connections and trying to boot with a single stick of RAM.

But this is also why one builds their PC outside the case before inside the case, as this sort of troubleshooting would become much simpler.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The lights on the board are the standby lights, they are on 24/7 as long as there is power connected through the PSU. I would have him check his front panel connections, sounds to me like the power/restart and other switches are not connected correctly to the header. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |