Upgrade to Gaming at 2K/165Hz

Go to solution Solved by wall03,
2 minutes ago, Scrub_Whisperer said:

I mentionned I play World of Tanks which prefers more cores and I don't want a massive bottleneck, I know Minecraft doesn't care about the CPU much. You didn't mention the 3600X is your suggestion, you asked for the amount of money I'd be willing to throw...

Edit, I would like to have a capable PC if I ever want to play something else than these games. So what is the cheapest CPU that would go well with a 2080 Super?

3600 or higher.

I get 105 FPS @ 2K on average in my favorite game, World of Tanks. What should I do? I got the cash ready to flow, Should I get a Ryzen 3600, 3600X, 3700X or 3800X?

In terms of GPU, what should I get? 2070 Super or 2080 Super or I should wait for the next-gen considering I want to play Minecraft RTX @ 2K/60FPS minimum.

My Rig :

- Mobo : Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming-WIFI-rev-1.0

- CPU : Ryzen 3 1300X stock

- RAM : 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3200MHz (XMP is on of course)

- GPU : ZOTAC GTX 1060 AMP! Edition

- PSU : EVGA 500B

Storage :

- HDD : WD Blue 1TB @ 7200RPM (WD10EZEX)

- SSD SATA: Crucial MX300 275GB

- SSD M.2. : Crucial P1 500GB

Is your mobo this motherboard? Do you actually just not have a budget or what is the spending limit? If you have tons of cash get a new mobo (X-something socket) and the best CPU. If you only want to play Minecraft RTX get a 2070 S. Otherwise 2080 S. If you don't have tons of cash wait for B550 get B550 mobo, 2070 S, and the CPU depending on what money you have left.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

34 minutes ago, Scrub_Whisperer said:

In terms of GPU, what should I get? 2070 Super or 2080 Super or I should wait for the next-gen considering I want to play Minecraft RTX @ 2K/60FPS minimum.

If you're buying the gpu now you'll need a decent 2080 Super or 2080 ti to manage 60fps @ 2k resolution. Personally I would wait a bit longer on that considering the whispers of Ampere you may be able to buy a 2080 Super after a price drop. You're going to struggle to hit 60fps at that resolution even with DLSS enabled to recover some performance though. Refer to this video with the realization that their initial numbers are at 1080p.

So in terms of GPU you may want to wait one generation for more capable ray tracing hardware, since that seems to be a focus of this build
In terms of processor, I would look at buying a more capable motherboard and a 3600 to start, focusing more of your budget on GPU. The ram still seems fine to me.

48 minutes ago, wall03 said:

Is your mobo this motherboard? Do you actually just not have a budget or what is the spending limit? If you have tons of cash get a new mobo (X-something socket) and the best CPU. If you only want to play Minecraft RTX get a 2070 S. Otherwise 2080 S. If you don't have tons of cash wait for B550 get B550 mobo, 2070 S, and the CPU depending on what money you have left.

I would like to not waste my money since I don't play triple A titles

3 minutes ago, Scrub_Whisperer said:

I would like to not waste my money since I don't play triple A titles

ok. But get a 3300X and 2080 Ti or Super. That is my advice to you.

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Just now, wall03 said:

ok. But get a 3300X and 2080 Ti or Super. That is my advice to you.

Don't you think the 3300X would be a bottleneck?

Just now, Scrub_Whisperer said:

Don't you think the 3300X would be a bottleneck?

Ok then. You argued with my 3600 suggestion saying you didn't need the extra prefomence. Minecraft will like less cores

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

3 minutes ago, wall03 said:

Ok then. You argued with my 3600 suggestion saying you didn't need the extra prefomence. Minecraft will like less cores

I mentionned I play World of Tanks which prefers more cores and I don't want a massive bottleneck, I know Minecraft doesn't care about the CPU much. You didn't mention the 3600X is your suggestion, you asked for the amount of money I'd be willing to throw...

Edit, I would like to have a capable PC if I ever want to play something else than these games. So what is the cheapest CPU that would go well with a 2080 Super?

2 minutes ago, Scrub_Whisperer said:

3600 or higher.

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users