First Mini-ITX build help

Is there any performance draw backs to a itx build? I was thinking about 3950x but hate to spend the extra money if the itx board bottlenecks it or something.

Heat is the biggest concern with a small chassis. Depends on the case/cooler/chip though

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Stryver said:

Is there any performance draw backs to a itx build? I was thinking about 3950x but hate to spend the extra money if the itx board bottlenecks it or something.

Itx boards are small, so not a lot of place for VRM , I think you can draw conclusions form that, but if you want to run stock I don't think you will have any problems.

Check motherboard tier list

1 minute ago, Stryver said:

"ITX" wont be the bottleneck, it will be either overall size, performance or noise. Getting all three to be equal will be costly, and most users are not comfortable with "large" (15L+) cases that are mITX as they are not considered "true" mITX cases, so it comes down to performance vs noise. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

"ITX" wont be the bottleneck, it will be either overall size, performance or noise. Getting all three to be equal will be costly, and most users are not comfortable with "large" (15L+) cases that are mITX as they are not considered "true" mITX cases, so it comes down to performance vs noise. 

Its going to be going into a large case as a dual system. I would run a aio for now but want a loop for each system.

18 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Heat is the biggest concern with a small chassis. Depends on the case/cooler/chip though

its the 1000d case and will be the second system, will probably run a 280mm aio

22 minutes ago, Likwid said:

Check motherboard tier list

What is that?