Intel integrated graphics as second gpu for processes in the background

Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,
8 minutes ago, MisterTechnik said:

Then i looked into Task Manager and found out, that the nvidia game clip thing is using quite a bit of gpu power. Then i was thinking, if you could maybe use for intel hd grafics for stuff like that, so you have your real gpu for games and stuff. Would something like this be possible?

No, not possible. For one, that requires an Nvidia GPU and secondly one GPU can't "see" what the other is doing, so it can't record whatever the other GPU is showing on screen.

I wanted to play VR again, today, but wasn't able to due to performance issues. Then i looked into Task Manager and found out, that the nvidia game clip thing is using quite a bit of gpu power. Then i was thinking, if you could maybe use for intel hd grafics for stuff like that, so you have your real gpu for games and stuff. Would something like this be possible?

Oh and I didn't think when I chose the topic, this should rather go into computerhardware/grafics cards, I'm sorry, can I change that?

Edited by MisterTechnik

It's not possible as it would result in performance issues due to the iGPU being extremely slow

8 minutes ago, MisterTechnik said:

Then i looked into Task Manager and found out, that the nvidia game clip thing is using quite a bit of gpu power. Then i was thinking, if you could maybe use for intel hd grafics for stuff like that, so you have your real gpu for games and stuff. Would something like this be possible?

No, not possible. For one, that requires an Nvidia GPU and secondly one GPU can't "see" what the other is doing, so it can't record whatever the other GPU is showing on screen.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

The IGP doesn't have that kind of functionality as far as I know. You'd probably want to get a capture card if you want to offload some work capturing video.

3 hours ago, LurkerKing said:

The IGP doesn't have that kind of functionality as far as I know. You'd probably want to get a capture card if you want to offload some work capturing video.

Be aware that a lot of capture cards like the elgato HD60S do not actually do any encoding meaning that if you use a capture card to record on the same PC it may just end up being an hdmi pass through, while your cpu is still stuck doing the work.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.