Logitech scroll wheel warranty - 2nd replacement

AutoGen_Quest

TL;DR when you get a replacement device under warranty, and that replacement fails, which service length applies? The original warranty, or the warranty on the replacement unit?

Back in 2017 I bought a G703 Lightspeed Wireless mouse, which has a 2-year warranty. And good thing it did, because there was a major problem with a bad batch of sensors, and many people had the scroll wheel fail. Logitech eventually admitted the manufacturing defect and offered a warranty replacement.

At the time they did that, the original was out of stock so they supplied me with a different model, which is currently sold with a 1-year warranty. Predictably, that replacement is also having scroll wheel problems. Ugh. 

So now the original 2-year warranty is expired, but it's been less than 1 year from when the replacement was sent. Is Logitech within their rights to tell me I can't get the new one fixed or replaced? Or should they have to honor its 1-year warranty regardless of how long ago I made my original purchase? 

Also, side discussion - what other manufacturer makes reliable mice? I don't want to put up with constant component failures, I've had it with Logitech. I'm looking for something that has several thumb buttons, a fairly large grip, an ergonomic tilt (though it doesn't have to be vertical), and preferably Bluetooth insetad of using a USB radio dongle. I don't do any competitive FPS or RTS gaming so I'm not too fussed about sensor type or refresh rates.

Generally speaking, the warranty period applies from the original purchase date regardless of replacement date. There are a few, limited, exceptions to this rule.

Given your circumstances, Logitech may handle it differently. The best way to find out will be Logitech support directly.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

7 minutes ago, Semper said:

Generally speaking, the warranty period applies from the original purchase date regardless of replacement date. There are a few, limited, exceptions to this rule.

Given your circumstances, Logitech may handle it differently. The best way to find out will be Logitech support directly.

I've reached out to them but their support is a bit slow to respond lately. Understandable, but I'm itchy to have a working mouse, so if I need to go ahead and order a new one I'd rather do that sooner than later. 

Anyway thanks for your info, and Semper Fi.