G sync compatibility?

shaneh890

I am in the process of upgrading my gpu and want one that will work well with my monitor. The monitor I have now supports freesync because my old card is amd. Well I’m now looking into Nvidia cards too. I know some monitors support both but I didn’t know if mine did. I have the MSI Optix G24C4 24” 1920x1080 144hz. I saw a couple of websites saying what monitors were compatible and which were not, but it listed monitors that were very close to the number of mine but not exact. I didn’t know if it was a slight variation of a model or they just didn’t put the entire name. 

37BAB9DE-FD2C-4FB6-B3FE-717C48967CFC.png

All freesync monitors are g-sync compatible via displayport. 

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

On 4/26/2020 at 7:37 AM, Jumballi said:

All freesync monitors are g-sync compatible via displayport. 

That's not so simple...

Don't count on it working, basically make your decision taking the fact that it will not work. Had the 32inch MSI which was listed by some websites stating that "MSI put it on compatible list" https://thepcenthusiast.com/msi-freesync-monitors-compatible-with-g-sync/, but they were never included in official Nvidia compatible list. For some people worked fine, for me worked with only few games, but with most were black screening every few seconds and was impossible to use, so just played without adaptive sync.. and ended up selling it. Nvidia offical list means it has been tested and will most probably work fine, those that are not will be a complete lottery. Some people have no issues, some has etc.