Someone plz help

Leprechaun1711

I’ve got an rtx 2080 that I have been trying to watercool using an ekb waterblock. It wasn’t working on boot so I took a look and found that a silver piece has broken off. Don’t know what they’re called but it’s stubby looking in a cylinder shape with eay52 270 and 16v on the top. Is this fixable or am I screwed plz help I can’t afford to buy another one.

Just now, Leprechaun1711 said:

I’ve got an rtx 2080 that I have been trying to watercool using an ekb waterblock. It wasn’t working on boot so I took a look and found that a silver piece has broken off. Don’t know what they’re called but it’s stubby looking in a cylinder shape with eay52 270 and 16v on the top. Is this fixable or am I screwed plz help I can’t afford to buy another one.

check with ek support and get a picture

8 minutes ago, Leprechaun1711 said:

A photo will definitely help but what you are describing sounds like a sealed/polymer capacitor. 

Take your GPU into a repair shop. It shouldnt cost more than the min hour charge of labour to fix.

@Leprechaun1711 - definitely an electrolytic capacitors. Someone with good soldering skills should be able to reinstall it (I assume it came from the right-hand side of the power delivery stage). 

Just be very careful handing the card if it's in the PC, it'll give you a shock if you arent careful