Used laptop advice

so with apple fucking me over recently (see here) i need a new laptop. 

now, i have dusted off my HP EliteBook 9470m, which has been abused by the previous owner, like i mean scratches and dents everywhere, but it still works fine. 

but, here's the thing. that HP needs a new back panel since the one that's on it now is damaged (plastic clip has snapped so it doesn't hold on well) and it needs a new battery. the battery it has now goes for about 1.5 hours with my usual use, so it's due a replacement. 

the cost of that would be like €80, maybe a bit more. 

so, i'm stuck between fixing it and buying something else and selling the 9470m. it's a good laptop, but the low wattage cpu really shows it's age now. if i'm downloading something and watching youtube at the same time it stutters and stuff.

i listed my broken MacBook Pro and someone was willing to buy it for €350. if i'm assuming what people offer for my other MacBook which i'm gonna put up for sale tommorow and expect €150 for that, and maybe €100 for the 9470m i'm up to €600. 

i wanna keep some of that just because i'm in a tricky situation with income rn, so going from that my budget for a new device is about €300. 

that device will need to be used, since for that price you can't get anything decent new. 

my requirements for a new laptop if i get one are the following:

• quadcore i7 2nd gen or newer. i wanna be able to use it for a long time, and dual cores in 3 or 4 years will be kinda meh, especially if i get a job in IT and need to run VM's.
  • upgradability. i wanna add my own ram and ssd, and it needs to have a replacement battery. easy access to the cooling is a bonus since i'm gonna want to repaste it. 
  • NO dGPU! i've had super bad luck with laptops that have dGPU's and i don't wanna deal with it. iGPU only!!!!
  • 13" to 15" screen. lower resolutions than 1080p are a bonus, since i have bad eyes and i don't wanna deal with scaling. my current HP has 1600x900 at 14" which is perfect. for 15" 900p is fine too. 768p is too low res. 
  • matte screen if possible. 
  • USB 3.0, SD Card slot, Ethernet, headphone jack for I/O. more ports is a bonus. 
  • Intel wifi card.
  • Linux and Windows 10 compatibility since i dual-boot. 

if such a laptop doesn't exist or costs more than €300 i think i'm gonna fix my 9470m. i'm in the netherlands if that helps. 

thanks in advance!

She/Her

T-series Thinkpad, newest/fastest you can find locally or on eBay or whatever. Probably a T460 if you're lucky, but idk

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

T-series Thinkpad, newest/fastest you can find locally or on eBay or whatever. Probably a T460 if you're lucky, but idk

i found some, but they were all dualcore. even the 7th gen one was a dualcore U chip. 

She/Her

Just now, Twilight said:

i found some, but they were all dualcore. even the 7th gen one was a dualcore U chip. 

Most stuff is gonna be a dualcore U chip unless you get something thicc like a W-series.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Most stuff is gonna be a dualcore U chip unless you get something thicc like a W-series.

that's annoying. because the thing is, a dualcore, doesn't matter what gen it is, is not gonna be noticably faster than the 9470M i have now... so i can just keep that if i'm settling for a dualcore anyway. 

She/Her

Ryzen 3500u or 3700u?

At least it's a 4 core + 8 threads (i7 equivalent)

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w