My first desktop build

Stotty

Hi all

Just about to start my first ever build! Sought some guidance about where to start and I have ordered the following to come over the next week. All parts to arrive by Wednesday next week.  

Gigabyte 2070super gpu 
Msi B450 tomahawk max mobo
Ryzen 7 3700x with cooler
Adata 1tb m.2 ssd
Patriot viper 16gb 3200 cl16 ddr4 ram
Corsair psu (750w fully modular 80+ gold)
Corsair carbide spec 5 case

I have also got the AOC 23.8" 24G2U/BK FreeSync 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor coming too, however due to costs I'm going to have to wait for my gaming peripherals until later in the year.  Pictures to follow next week once the build has begun!

Wow, Nice thats a well specced and ballanced build tbh. love it.

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Oh and I forgot to mention.

It's going to be as black as I can make it. No RGB anywhere near it. Black cable ties. Just stealthy and classy

1 minute ago, LiamApex said:

Wow, Nice thats a well specced and ballanced build tbh. love it.

Thanks man. Hopefully it comes out okay. Like i said, haven't done this before

Just now, Stotty said:

Thanks man. Hopefully it comes out okay. Like i said, haven't done this before

Youll be fine mate! its easier than it looks, and with no RGB cables to worry about youll have fun! just have fun and enjoy the experience. dont drop that Cpu now! ;)

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

looks like a solid build

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, LiamApex said:

Youll be fine mate! its easier than it looks, and with no RGB cables to worry about youll have fun! just have fun and enjoy the experience. dont drop that Cpu now! ;)

Haha! I'm more worried about static. Fortunately I have tiled floors and we'll aware of grounding myself regularly

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

looks like a solid build

Thanks!

Just now, Stotty said:

Haha! I'm more worried about static. Fortunately I have tiled floors and we'll aware of grounding myself regularly

Iv built a few PCs on carpet because i had no other chouse and never caused any damage once. im not dismissing the issue, if your grounding youself like you say and its tiled anyway id say your good

• 2 weeks later...

And we are done! Mobo had be put in three times (due to firstly forgetting to put the cpu power in, and then having already mounted the GPU I then found out I had put it in the wrong way around) and only one further issue with the power to the front panel.

Windows install painless and then logged in to realise that the MSI Tomahawk Pro Max does not have built in WiFi (massive oversight and presumption on my behalf) and also none of the 3.5mm jack's are 4 part, meaning that I have a WiFi & Bluetooth card along with a 4 part 3.5mm jack splitter into mic and headphone sockets.

All in all a great experience and can't wait to do it again for my son in years to come!

IMG_20200429_164410.jpg

IMG-20200429-WA0050.jpeg

IMG-20200429-WA0047.jpeg

IMG-20200429-WA0045.jpeg

IMG-20200429-WA0039.jpeg

If your not using the 3.5 hdd rack id remove it and put a little figure in there or something? Makes it a little more personal :)